PDA

View Full Version : Merth's Item Editor

Merth
06-09-2003, 03:05 AM
I have created an item editor that allows users to create weapons and/or armor. It is web-based, and looks a lot like Kaiyodo's item editor (not a coincidence). The difference with mine, however, is that items you create/edit end up on my server.

I decided to limit its functionality somewhat from what you see on Kaiyodo's, but I think it works well for John Q Public who just wants to see their stamp of creativity in the EQ world. If you would like to create weapons and/or armor on my server, create a character on my server (Merth's Florida Server), and then visit merth.dyndns.org.

Items you create will appear on the next server reboot (usually 9am EST daily). I am currently working on a command to allow users to refresh their item in the world in real-time, but this is something that will require more testing.

To support this feature, I have created a new command on my server that is available to all users. It allows you to "play" around with the visual appearance of an item before going to the item editor and making it a reality. The command is #merthitem. When you invoke #merthitem, you are given an item on your cursor that can be equipped in various slots around your body. The item is ONLY a temporary item, and serves no other purpose than visual appeal.

The command can be complicated for those not familiar with the structure of EQEMu items, so here's the syntax and a few sample entries:

Usage: #merthitem [model] [equiptype] [icon] [R G B]
[model]: Use Kaiyodo's Model Viewer, model names up to first underscore (i.e., IT11001)
[equipType]: 0-28
[icon]: 500-1399
[R G B]: 0-255, red/green/blue, 0=dark, 255=bright

The [model] parameter applies to weapons, while the [equiptype] parameter applies to armor. Typically, IT63 is used for the model on armor. The [equiptype] parameter is what you see with the "material" paramter on a #spawn.

A sample weapon:

#merthitem IT10501

A sample BRIGHT BLUE robe:

#merthitem IT63 15 0 0 0 255

A sample BRIGHT GREEN breastplate:

#merthitem IT63 3 0 0 255 0

A few notes:

* Each user can only create 25 items.

* There can only be 3000 custom items at any given time. IF YOUR ITEM IS THE OLDEST ITEM ON THE SERVER, YOUR ITEM WILL BE DELETED AND THE SLOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO USE.

* There is no language filter on the items created. Users are taking advantage of this to the full extent of the English language. If you are sensitive to this, this server is not the place for you.

* The server currently has a lot of 255 dmg / 1 delay weapons and 32k hp/mana/ac armor. Make no mistake about it: This is about as far away from legit as you can get. The server provides a unique EQ experience, but it's not the place to come for a challenge.

* There is special code on my server to relate an item to an owner. If specified in the editor, your item can only be summoned by you. This works well if you want your item to truly be unique.

veggita2099
06-09-2003, 04:07 AM
Can't wait till your next server reboot. Iggy got GOOOOD items ;)

mfghs
06-09-2003, 07:45 AM
merth, i have a new love for your server lol, well, i loved it stability before, but this makes it more fun hehe

DeletedUser
06-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Great idea, really adds some uniqueness to the emulator.

BLooDDRiPPeR
06-10-2003, 05:09 PM
merth, does it appear on YOUR character? or in database then has to be summoned?

veggita2099
06-10-2003, 07:07 PM
merth, does it appear on YOUR character? or in database then has to be summoned?

My items went right in. Search for Iggy's and you will see several items for iksar monks.

Mop2
06-11-2003, 01:11 AM
It will be in the database then has to be summoned.

GM Mopperr
Merth's Florida Server

randgardner0
06-12-2003, 01:28 AM
hehe

Merth
06-12-2003, 03:21 AM
We hit 1,000 accounts and 1,000 custom items today. I've seen some of the armor and weapons you guys have been creating. Some of them look really cool. Especially the one guy who made that sword with that bright blue glow from mith marr's sword. Very cool!

FYI - my favorite weapon models are in gequip5.s3d. A lot of them do particle effects, and the shields are freakin huge!

lore
06-12-2003, 02:34 PM
I like it..Good and easy to work w/. :lol:

IAdragonlord262
06-13-2003, 07:31 AM
Merth you run the greatest server on Eqemu. the ability to create your own items realy adds to the originality, and fun of the game. Keep up the exelent work :D

IAdragonlord262
06-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Merth you run the greatest server on Eqemu. the ability to create your own items realy adds to the originality, and fun of the game. Keep up the exelent work :D

Warlon
06-13-2003, 01:27 PM
The Big blue sword was Franksands, wasnt it?
and Anyway, I wanted to Know the IT number for that weapon, I made many, but it seems you updated it to be able to only make 15 items, it wont let me make any more, for I made 18 and past the limit, I want My gnome slayer to have that effect

Majico
Pardo

Kanelr
06-13-2003, 02:05 PM
I think you should change limit to 10 so items wont get bumped off as quick.

Warlon
06-16-2003, 07:41 AM
Hey Merth, I see the Lizard wizard picture, Is that the shield I made?(shield of the Arch Lich)

Merth
06-16-2003, 08:41 AM
The shield I have equipped is the Merth's Shield of Solusek.

I changed the limit down to 15 items per user, and added a few new models that were previously not there (i.e., The weapon held by Rallos Zek). When I look through the model viewer, I don't see some weapons listed. Not sure why.

Angelwings
06-16-2003, 07:46 PM
:D
Call me a dork or something. I just wanted to say I love your server and the sense of humor on the items. It's the best emu server I have been on so far. You rock.

:worship:

P.S. Warlon, I use your Arch Lich shield :wink:

DaGrahamster
06-17-2003, 11:06 AM
merth can u plz tell me the IT number for Rallos Zek's sword?

Merth
06-17-2003, 11:46 AM
I think gequip5.s3d: IT10401 is the Rallos Zek axe.

DaGrahamster
06-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Thx Merth

07-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Lost the URL, Merth.dns or something, anyone know?

Merth
07-09-2003, 06:04 PM
merth.dyndns.org

EDIT: Dude, what's up with the BBCode in this post?

dcjoedog
07-10-2003, 05:50 AM
aww, it's down

and i wanted to make drizit's weapons LOL

BlissBoi
07-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Hey, I cant wait till his server comes back up, My names gonna be snipos, BEWARE!!! For i will be UBAR! Cause all my armor has the perfect procs, So I cant DIE BWUAHAH!!!! I even got a backup heal, if ig et to 25%HP its complete heals! If yur an expert and know what i talkin bout dont tell da ppl! But bring it! Cause u mess wit me you gonna be lookin at the king from da ground.. !

Snipos
65 Ranger
:twisted: HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH ITS ON!

BlissBoi
07-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Not trying to spam post, but where can I find merth's email? I wanna talk too him!..... =D

M E R T H R00ls

NIKIZAPOONANY

BlissBoi
07-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Hey, If I have a bow 255dmg 1dly, it has effect, Strike of solusek, and on the arrow it has Festering darkness.... Would both of them proc... AHEM, Since I cant test it on merths... lol... Or any other server..... *sigh cus my computers motherboard and cpu broke, ()*#@()@#()@#()@#)_#@_ yea.. well .......... help.....

Lol ok, My friend just told me this joke.. Kinda innapropriate, But im tyypically bored... K, Yur dick is so small, you gotta stick yur finger up yur ass and yell SNAKE!!!!! just to get it to come out! lol..

Pretty funny =P