PDA

View Full Version : Personal Server -- Can I serve myself ALL zones at once?

Mullzy
06-09-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm planning on running my own server just to run around and check out areas that I never saw while playing EQLive. I'm a little confused about how the local server does the serving of zones. Will it by default serve me any zone I try to enter? Or do I have to command the server to load up 4 or 5 zones which I can explore... then unload those and load up some others?

Do you know what I mean? I've seen people posting requests to have someone host 3 or 4 zones of their server, but I assumed that was just a load balancing issue.

cheers,

Mullzy

Solx
06-09-2003, 11:00 AM
A zone server can only run 1 zone at a time. When the first person enters a zone, a zone server runs it. When the last person leaves the zone, the zone server stops running it. If you are the only one on your system 2 zone servers should be enough, 1 to run the zone you are in, and 1 to run the zone you are going to. After you get to the new new zone the zone server that was running the old zone will be free-ed up and able to load the next zone you go to.

wildcatts29
06-09-2003, 01:15 PM
ok i have a server running and it wont local server running and it wont load the next zone just kicks me back to the zone i was in instantly.

also if i use #zone it does the same thing saying zone not ready?

any idea

06-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Probably a DB error, it seems that if you use the #zone to goto freeport, it's freportw, make sure you have the zones named properly...

Solx
06-09-2003, 01:29 PM
You need to be running the world server (world.exe) and at least 2 zone servers (best to run them from boot5zones.bat, and maybe edit it to run only 2, unless you have a decent system then you can leave it at 5)

Mullzy
06-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Ah perfect. Thanks for the info.

Mullzy