PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me with this?

Dofarlow
06-10-2003, 06:11 AM
:?

I'm a newbie to Eqemu, and i decided to try it out for the first time last night. I had long ago removed EQ from my computer, so i installed the original EQ and SoV expansion. I didn't use the ingame patcher. I used the eqemu one. Everything was working great last night. I layed successfully for several hours. This morning, i loaded my Kunark expansion and then ran the emupatch program (with the startEQ checkbox checked just as before). It says that all files were updated successfully, and tells me that it's starting Everquest, but Everquest never comes up. no error messages, the program just stops. I also tried going in through EQwindow, and could not get that to work. Any suggestions wuold be appreciated. Thank you for your time. :D

Dofarlow
06-10-2003, 08:16 AM
ok. . here's a little bit more info on the subject that hopefully will help someone to figure out what is wrong. When i try to run EQ through EQW or the patchme method, it get the following error:

eqgame.exe - entry point not found
The procedure entry point_AIL_set_3D_speaker_type@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll

If ANYONE can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it :)

BTW, KUDOS! to the EQEmu team. You have made a great product, and I am truly thankful for the opportunity to one again play an old favorite.

burthold
06-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Looks like a sound card driver issue. try updating your sound card drivers.

Wes

Lurker_005
06-10-2003, 01:35 PM
You should use the everquest patcher once, then the eqemu patcher once. After that use EQW or the "eqgame patchme" command.

a_Guest03
06-12-2003, 06:00 AM
Make sure you use the eqw from my sig.