PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 1.1

Windcatcher
06-10-2003, 01:39 PM
I know, this program is UNSUPPORTED, but this was way too good to pass up on including...

--------------------------------------------------

1. Added ability to import .3DS files.

2. Changed the way the zone is displayed in "bird's-eye" mode so it stayes centered.

--------------------------------------------------

I was playing around with OGRE, which is a 3D graphics engine, and I saw that it had code to directly import .3DS files. Well, now OpenZone can, too.

Basically, you follow these steps:

1. Using a *real* 3D program, create a .3DS file using the textures for your zone.

2. Put those textures in the appropriate textureset folder under OpenZone (e.g. library/textures/ecommons).

3. Start OpenZone and set the textureset.

4. Click File --> Import .3DS... Select the .3DS file you made.

4. That's it! Now you can set up water/lava, add scripted objects, and save the whole thing as an .SCN file. You can export to .WLD just as you would normally.

WC

P.S. REMEMBER: The filenames of your textures must EXACTLY match the texture names in the .S3D file that you're going to change, or the zone won't load (I believe they even have to match the case--usually all lowercase).

Jay
06-11-2003, 02:50 AM
Way to go Windcatcher!! Now I can bust out custom levels at much faster speeds!

tsaphemu
06-11-2003, 08:46 AM
1. Added ability to import .3DS files.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
<Tsaph goes off to finish building his zone.

06-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Great job as always Windcatcher

drakelord
06-11-2003, 03:08 PM
nice :)

DeletedUser
06-12-2003, 05:13 AM
Would be nice if it could be somewhat like the half-life worldcraft tool. Or if you could convert worldcraft maps into EQ Zones. Then i'd be masta! :P

Glad your still alive and kickin` windcatcher!

jsmith7
06-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Nice job Windcatcher