PDA

View Full Version : eqmain.dll not initializing

Xate
06-11-2003, 06:50 AM
I've never had this problem before. I moved to a new harddrive and just today downloaded the new files to play eqemu (so yes, I know how to do it :lol: ). However, if I try to load up through eqwindows I get an error saying that the eqmain.dll can't be initialized.

Any suggestion for a fix or way around it?

DeletedUser
06-11-2003, 07:36 AM
I have never seen that before. I am clueless.

Merth
06-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Is it just while running EQW, or can you not load at all?

Does eqmain.dll exist in the same directory as your eqgame.exe?

If you just moved to a new hard drive, and did a straight copy from one to the other, I would suspect you copied through explorer, but have the option to see DLL's turned off.

Xate
06-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Everything is a fresh install. I only get the msg when trying to load with eqw. I can run normal eq without a problem. I tried replacing the dll with a friends which of course didn't solve the problem.

Could it be related to the eqw version (I tried the new one and version just before it)? Would using say maybe the .23 version work? Anyone have that version that I can try it out with?

a_Guest03
06-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Use version in my sig.

Xate
06-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Thank you but...... DRATS It didn't work.
Is there a way to run without having to use EQW?

Xate
06-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Well not sure what fixed the dll problem but goes like this...

I uninstalled game. Reinstalled into a new directory. Downloaded all eqmu related files again and woooohooo no dll problem.

Of course now I get the "Cannot log into server... re-run the patch" msg upon attempting to enter any server. *sigh*