PDA

View Full Version : Maps??

SeqTester
06-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Is it legal to use 3rd part Apps like ShowEQ on the EMU?

Lurker_005
06-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Definatly not any less legal than using them on live EQ.
But I don't think the devs care one way or another as long as your not messing with other people, or their servers/computers.

Keep in mind that EQEmu uses an older version of the client, so some apps may not work right.

SeqTester
06-12-2003, 12:34 AM
I figured it was something like that, I use it mostly for navigation on EQLive and use it less now that Cartography is out. If there was Cartoraphy on the EMU I would not even worry about it.

The Current ShowEQ does not work from CVS I tried an older one I had on my Linux box and that did not either, I would like to get it workign but not if it is reinventing the wheel.

If anyone has it working please let me know what VERSION your running of if. Or if you can post your Opcodes.h I figure thats where the problem is.

Well if nobody did get it working I don't have time to so I will go without maps, it's just hard not having Navigation after having it for 3 years.

Thanks,
ST

gej302
06-12-2003, 03:55 AM
it's opensource, so you can go and get the sourcecode from sourceforge... (see the links on the main page)

Edgar1898
06-12-2003, 04:54 AM
Showeq will not work with the emu without a lot of work. The reason is simple: The emu just sends the minimum of what a client needs to work, while showeq is looking for all the info that should be sent.

SeqTester
06-12-2003, 06:14 AM
I understand that it would take lots of work, thats why I am not trying to do that. I was more thinking along the lines of if there was a version of ShowEQ that worked with the everquest.exe that Emu is using then it should work for maps with "Broken Decode" turned on (Enryption turned off).

Oh well, I still enjoy it without maps so I will keep playing like this, it just does not feel like EQ without any maps at all. Hopefully Cartography will be implememented some day.

Thanks again,
ST.