PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 1.3

Windcatcher
06-13-2003, 07:38 PM
1. Added direct export to .S3D archives from the File... menu. EQInside.DLL is *not* required; I implemented a class to handle everything. It will create <zone>.wld, a vestigal objects.wld, a vestigial lights.wld, and package those and all referenced textures into <zone>.s3d. You will have to have a textureset selected for this to take place. It will warn you if you are about to overwrite an existing .S3D file, and it will also warn you of something to this effect:

YOU CAN ONLY DISTRIBUTE .S3D FILES IF YOU OWN OR HAVE PERMISSION TO DISTRIBUTE ALL OF THE TEXTURES IN THEM!!!

With this method, you can have whatever textures you wish. There is NO filename restriction whatsoever, save for the fact that EQ doesn't discriminate between uppercase and lowercase filenames (it's *not* UNIX). It places your new .S3D file in your zones subfolder.

2. On the File... menu there are two new menu entries that will create vestigial lights.wld and objects.wld files in the OpenZone folder. You can use these in whatever zone you wish.

3. I've relaxed the textureset requirement a bit. While it's still important (and necessary for making .S3D files), you can have "common" textures in your library\textures folder and use them for any zone you're working on. They'll always show up at the top of any drop-down lists. When using them in scripts or scene files, omit the textureset name and backslash ("water" instead of "ecommons\water", for example).

It *does* work. I took a scene that had all original textures, had OpenZone create the .S3D from scratch, overwrote an existing zone, and zoned in. It's still up on my laptop as I type this :D

Wind

DeletedUser
06-13-2003, 07:43 PM
nice

Jay
06-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Great job Wind!!

mudman
06-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Wind have you made any interesting zones??? this could be a whole new life for EQEMU ADDICTS!

Windcatcher
06-17-2003, 01:07 AM
*I* haven't. I'm pretty good at writing, not so good at artistry, and this seems like a job for a 3D professional. I was about to ask if anyone else is working on it, to basically get an idea of what efforts are out there and how well OpenZone is working for them. I took a stab at making some simple textures with TextureMaker (which I swear is worth every penny), but I'm really a novice at such things.

Wind