PDA

View Full Version : problem loading in Drawde's worlddata 1.1

wdrng
06-14-2003, 08:04 PM
If this has been posted, can someone please provide me with the link? I did search the forums, but couldn't find an answer :)

I've everything up and running, and I can connect to EQemu's servers, or my own locally, but I ran into a problem when I tried to load the worlddata 1.1 from Drawde.

When I type:
source reloaddb.sql
(in MySQL), I get:

Error 1054: unknown column 'used spells' in 'field list'

for all the NPC_TYPES, and then a bit later it comes up again except this time it's for 'npc_id' instead of 'used spells'
Then I start getting duplicate entry errors, and after I log back into the world, it still hasen't been populated.

Any help would be appriciated, I'm a little stumped now (mind you, it's starting to get a little hard to think - pretty early in the morning now) :lol:

Muuss
06-15-2003, 10:07 PM
something might be wrong in the way you're building your database structure, you're prolly using unmatching versions... reload the last sql.db and last Drawde's DB, drop your db (save accounts/chars if you have some!), and resource everything... should perhaps work better.

wdrng
06-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanks, I think you're right. I was doing some browsing in the forums, and found a post saying Drawde's database was for the csv (cvs?) version of eqemu, not the binary.

Anyhoo, I blew away my database this morning and recreated and resource'd it from Devlor's backup database. It worked pretty well, I've got NPC's now, but I have to fix a small zoning issue (when I leave a zone, it sends me back to the start point for that zone)
:lol:

I'm starting to learn how to use MySQL, but I haven't found this answer yet, is there a way to un-source data you've loaded into the eq database, or do you have to blow away MySQL and re-install it? I was trying, but couldn't seem to find a way to delete the database (and read in the MySQL forums that you couldn't delete databases).
(I've been doing the latter)

wdrng
06-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Ah-hem.

Nevermind, just figured out how to backup, delete, and re-make my database. Must be brain-dead.
:oops:

IAMrCleric
06-17-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm using ver 4.0.13-nt of mySql and I ran into a problem where I was trying to insert more data into the spawn2 table. the last Id in the row was 1000. I was trying to insert a new row using 1001. It gave me duplicate entry error. This might be part of the problem if you are like me and sourced in a few files then manualy deleted the records.

I wish I new how to reclaim or reset the auto_increment number for the id field in the spawn2 table

wdrng
06-18-2003, 09:29 AM
Nope, I didn't delete any records, but I did fix the problem by blowing away my database and creating a new blank one. Then instead of sourcing the data that comes with eqemu 0.4.4 new install, I sourced a database that was Drawde's worlddata 1.1 and a partial PoK combined together.
Still had NPC spells issue after that, so I sourced in the database update folder from 0.4.4 and now my NPC's have gone spell happy! It helps to counter the atk problem where I can't kill anything that /con'd grey or higher if I'm not buffed.
:D

I've still got a problem with aggression though. None of the monsters wander or attack first, they only fight back (since I'm the only one on my server though, that may be a good thing).