PDA

View Full Version : Am I retarded? or in other words "HELP"

Maniac1
06-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Ok folks,

I thought EQemu would be a great idea and so I wanted to try it out and see what you guys have accomplished thus far. I clicked on the readme link under the main menu and it looked to be fairly straightforward. I broke out my Everquest CD (the original, no expansions) installed it and went step by step through the big button for retards tutorial.

When trying to logon from EQwindows it gets me to the conditions of agreement and when I click on accept it drops me to the desktop. So then I tried running EQemu patcher with the run EQ checkbox checked. This gets me further and actually allows me to login to the logon server so that I'm able to see several different servers to choose from. However whenever I chose any server (and I chose several) the background music begins to play and the splash screen shows for about 2 seconds then I get dropped back to the desktop. Keep in mind I am running WindowsXP with service pack 1.

Please help as I searched through the message board and was unable to come up with anything

Thanks

Any help

Maniac1
06-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Ok,

It looks like I solved part of the problem by doing more digging. I was using eqw2.35 beta as opposed to eqw2.32.