PDA

View Full Version : So Close I can smell the Grass of EK.... :(

Aggie1
06-17-2003, 06:02 AM
Ok, First of all thanks to all the great advice on these boards. Truly amazing. I am almost up and running. I just have one last hurdle...

The dreaded 1017. Now before you tell me to RTFM, I have been through most of the guides and done numerous searches. I am posting here because those other items were very informative but vague as how to specifically tell what is causing your 1017. I thought some kind soul may be able to help with a more direct answer. My problem is as follows:

Personal server. Just me, myself and I. DSL connection sitting behind a D-Link DI604 router and Norton Internet Security. Everything is up to date. Tight ship.

Installed Eq again after a year break.
Updated EQ.
Ran Advanced scan 2x.

Created /eqemu
Installed the items to the folder from the various files.
(By the way can someone tell me exacly what databases need to be in the SQL bin directory and what exactly needs to be sourced?) Same with Eqemu please if necessary.
Couldn't get Grant Options to work. Took FOREVER, but found a remote thread with the fix. Replaced *.* with eq.* and voila.

Start Minilogin, start, world.exe (loads fine), start bootzones (loads fine), start game. Loads fine. Login works fine. Pick server from list (it shows server fine).

Choose my server and the screen flashes back to desktop. Flashes a couple times and back to EQ where it tells me the dreaded 1017 MOB has spawned and owned my a$$. Gives me the usual Patch me message or the connection is down.

I've heard people say that database mismatch can cause this. If I resource my database will this perhaps fix it? Will I hose up my current setup and have to start all over? What database should I use?

I've heard people say that not letting my computer know to expect requests from Port 9000 etc may cause this. I know computers, but networking has me flumoxed. I examined the admin on my router but don't see a simple way to make rules in the NAT. Can someone please explain how to do this if you know? Is there a way outside the router? I'm learning but not fast enough to keep up with what I want to do here. Thanks in advance.

The database file I sourced was eqbackup00.zip from one of the sticky threads. I forget the individuals name but the walkthrough helped a ton. Only part of that walkthrough I had to "other source" was the Grant Options...

Is that database ok to use?

Finally last question. I have read conflicting accounts of the directory the patch program for EQEMU has to be in. Does it go in the original Everquest folder or does it go in my EQEMU folder? Am I patching my original Everquest game or the EQEMU?

I'm 99% my problem is one of these things and one of you brilliant people out there can walk me through it. Thanks again in advance. This site is great!

wdrng
06-17-2003, 08:08 AM
If you're getting the 1017 error, and you're only trying to play locally, try adding your id into the acount set. I can't remember the exact wording of the command (I'm at work now), but I read the same walkthrough you did, and it's the mysql command just prior to the GRANT option. It goes something like this:

INSERT INTO account SET name='eqemu', password='eqemu', status=200;

replace eqemu with your user name and password that you are using in the MiniLoginAccount.ini file. That's how I fixed my 1017 error, I added my MySQLadmin id and password as a status 200 (server OP), and I added the id and password I login to the game world with as a status 0 (normal player).

Aggie1
06-17-2003, 08:42 AM
I'll try that. Thanks! Question. When I do this how do I know it works?

Every time I type that particular item in, I get back a statment that says 0 (zero) lines changed, 0.0sec. Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't at lease 1 line change? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Would this prevent me from loggin in? I can log in as eqemu-eqemu, but crash after selecting server. I thought the above account insert item would prevent me from logging in entirely if not properly configured. Thanks again.

Merth
06-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Is there a particular reason you have for using MiniLogon?

I couldn't figure out how the heck to get MiniLogon to work (1017 error), even though world.exe and zone.exe boot up fine. However, using the eqemu logon servers has worked quite well.

If you are getting 1017 even when using the eqemu logon servers, it is likely that world.exe/zone.exe will output what went wrong. They didn't output any problems for me when using MiniLogon.

Aggie1
06-17-2003, 09:07 AM
I'm using the minilogin.exe because I am playing on a personal server at home. I thought it was a required step. That not the case? Do I need it to play on a personal server?

I'll have to look for that log tonight for world.exe when I get home. Good idea to check that. Thanks!

Ademonde
06-17-2003, 11:31 AM
The problem is probably in your router. Did you forward ports or set a dmz host?

Valious17581
06-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Me and my friend are having the same problem and he used a dmz and the forward ports and sill nothing. So here is my question to anyone who can answer. If multiple people are trying to login to a server and they keep getting the 1017 error and they have repatchd more than once what is thelikely cause of the problem. Oh and we have no firewalls and i do not believe there are any routers. Plz we ae in despret need of help.

Ademonde
06-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Use your external IP for the first part of boot5zones and then internal for the second. Example -

External IP 7995 Internal IP

use your external ip for the loginserver worldadress

Aggie1
06-18-2003, 01:08 AM
I've become convinced the problem is the router. I do not know how to forward the ports or set a DMZ host. I am calling D-Link tonight and see if I can get a CSR to help with that. THe only other problem I can reasonably conceive is that the database is not correct. I am using EQemu 4.4. Can someone provide a link to the correct database associated with that. I used eqbackup00.zip from devlor I believe. Is that database valid?

NM on the last question. Found the world building section. Such a NOOB. Thought that was for people creating their own worlds, didn't realize most was for populating eq. D'oh! Appreciate the patience.

/slaps forehead

wdrng
06-18-2003, 09:09 AM
I'll try that. Thanks! Question. When I do this how do I know it works?

Every time I type that particular item in, I get back a statment that says 0 (zero) lines changed, 0.0sec. Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't at lease 1 line change? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Would this prevent me from loggin in? I can log in as eqemu-eqemu, but crash after selecting server. I thought the above account insert item would prevent me from logging in entirely if not properly configured. Thanks again.

Hmmm, odd. The reason I added my account info with the INSERT INTO account SET command, was because everything was going fine, until I tried to press the 'Play Everquest' button to log in to my server. When I pressed it, I would get the 1017 error, and dump back to the server selection screen. I was running EQW in window mode, so I flipped back to the world.exe window and saw a message at the bottom stating that wdrng (my MySQL admin id), had tried to log in and had been rejected due to invalid username/password. So I added my id 'wdrng' and my password '*******' into the MiniLoginAccount.ini, and with the INSERT INTO account SET command for MySQL, and the 1017 went away. I'm guessing because now, 'wdrng' was now considered a valid account to log into the MySQL eq database.

But I'm pretty sure that when I ran INSERT INTO account SET, I did recieve a 1 line changed message. I'll have to check and let you know though.

x-scythe
06-18-2003, 10:32 AM
heres what fixed my problem on the 1017 error on my server.
i made a new account and DIDNT use the insert command.
doesnt work for me if i use that command. after i did that it worked just fine