PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 1.4

Windcatcher
06-17-2003, 01:54 PM
I was playing with the program and decided to make some fixes and/or enhancements:

1. Fixed a bug where any .S3D files you created wouldn't contain any of your water textures.

2. Fixed a bug where having any transparent textures could cause a crash when you exported to .S3D.

3. Encoding the .WLD file can take a long time; the program will now show you its encoding progress on the status bar while you wait.

4. When creating a new zone, OpenZone now supports using two textures instead of one--an above-water texture and an underwater texture. YOU MUST ALREADY HAVE YOUR WATER LEVELS SET FOR THIS TO WORK. When OpenZone creates the zone, if it finds an underwater texture that is different from the normal one, it will break up the landmass along the water areas and assign the underwater texture where appropriate. Changing your water areas or adding new ones will NOT cause OpenZone to change the underwater textures--it's a one-shot deal.

5. I've set the "attempt phong shading" checkbox to OFF by default. It was causing more harm than good. A to-do for a future version is to import vertex normals from .3DS files--right now OpenZone only imports the vertex positions and texture coordinates.

6. Made a small change to the way OpenZone handles .S3D footers to make it safer.

7. OpenZone now supports grayscale 24-bit or 32-bit .BMP heightmaps, and it now supports Targa .TGA heightmaps as well (hint: World Machine is a good program for generating heightmaps, but I'm still hunting for something good for manually editing them).

8. The program now sorts your texture drop-down lists--first it sorts the ones in the \library\textures folder, then it sorts the ones in your textureset folder.

Enjoy,

Wind

daeken_bb
06-17-2003, 05:24 PM
As always, very very nice work :)

I wish i could help you out, especially with as much as you've helped me lately... perhaps i'll learn delphi after all ;)

Windcatcher
06-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Once you do, you'll never go back :P

WC