PDA

View Full Version : a little change of pace...

vapidsquid
06-18-2003, 12:44 AM
This is a patcher question, but not about the EQemu patcher, rather the official one. I've been searching on the official EQ forums, but can't seem to find the answer. After installing the EQ Trilogy package, and run Everquest.exe (the patcher), it will fill the progress bar, and then not do anything. I assume this means it is complete patching the patcher, so I hit "play online," and it says that I need to restart the patch program. I do so, and it downloads some various images, all in a small window with a progress bar and just enough room to tell me what file it is downloading. It gets ~1/2 way done with _verquest.exe, and *POOF* I get a dialog box with the title "Error" and the content being "The EverQuest patcher is currently running." I have uninstalled/deleted directory where it was installed, and reinstalled to a diff directory. Same thing happens.

TIA.

a_Guest03
06-18-2003, 06:46 AM
Reinstall EQ. Had that problem when I installed EQ in Linux and stopped Eqlive patcher at the wrong time. Let it patch completely on the first patch.

Installing EQ on Linux is a ROYAL pain in the arse.

vapidsquid
06-18-2003, 10:43 AM
alright... reinstalled EQ, the patcher has been sitting there with the bar full for at least 10min. how long should this take?

vapidsquid
06-18-2003, 12:59 PM
i let it sit there for ~1hr or so, clicked cancel. again ran eq, said "patch process complete" so i clicked "play online" it said to restart everquest.exe. i did so, and got the same thing as mentioned in the original post.

vapidsquid
06-18-2003, 01:58 PM
if anyone cares, i deleted everquest.exe, and renamed _verquest.exe to the aforementioned. ran it, and it's busy patching away with the themed interface and all. just in case anyone runs across this problem in the future.

a_Guest03
06-19-2003, 06:10 AM
DON'T cancel. That's why you get that damn error. Trust me.