PDA

View Full Version : Network Illiterate. Calling Tech On Router. Please help.

Aggie1
06-18-2003, 01:15 AM
I'm illiterate when it comes to my router because I can't find instructions for what I want to do in the manual. That or it just is not as user friendly as I'd like.

I have a D-Link DI604. I'm going to call tech support this evening and have them help me forward the ports and set a DMZ host. Can someone provide me some clues as to exactly what I need to ask? I know these guys will read from a script and I want to make sure to lead them to what I need. Exactly what ports need to be forwarded and will he/she immediately know what I need from a DMZ host or are there particulars regarding that also the CSR should be aware of?

I'm getting that stupid 1017 error. I can find nothing else wrong. Everything loads fine. The user is set as a GM with all options. The whole thing works except for the nasty crash after choosing my server.

Thanks in advance. I'm soooo close. Freeport is on the horizon... now if I can just get the boat to dock....

Ademonde
06-18-2003, 06:18 AM
any zone ports and port 9000. You might want to tell them your internal IP because that is what the dmz will be assigned to

Aggie1
06-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Thanks! I'll do that!