PDA

View Full Version : unable to make permenant spawns...

Fyrre
06-18-2003, 04:13 AM
I followed the instructions on the sticky for creating a permenant spawn, but it doesn't work. I used #spawn to make a temporary NPC, then used #npcspawn create and add with the NPC targetted. This NPC disappears when killed or everybody is zoned out. Could someone PLEASE give me the CORRECT steps for making a permenant spawn. Also, I'm trying to make this spawn use a quest I created, so I want the mob's ID to be 150000.

Merth
06-18-2003, 05:05 AM
1 - Learn how to manipulate the database if you want to use a specific ID. There is currently no command to allow you to specify the ID of a spawn when creating it.

I find it easier to just create the mob and use #npcstats on it to determine its npc_type_id.

2 - Use two commands on a targetted mob to add as a perm spawn:
#npcspawn create
#npcspawn add

This will not take effect until next world.exe/zone.exe bootup - which is why they don't seem permanent to you.

3 - Even using the commands above, your spawn may not be added. This is currently a bug in the implementation, but I have not been able to address this just yet.

The bug deals with names of your mobs. If the name is too long, it will not save multiple spawns of the mob within a given zone. The problem is that the field holding the name of your spawn (spawngorup table, iirc) is too short, cutting off the generated spawngroup name for your mob. When the end gets cut off, your spawngroup will no longer be unique, which will present a conflict with the unique constraint on the table when another such record is inserted.