PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mysql

Grosbaloo
03-19-2002, 11:34 AM
I had eqemu and used it for like 2months, and then I dont know how or why but the folder just got deleted and I now have to dowload everything again ( lots of folders have been disapearing and I lost all my favorites in IE) I redid everything following the manual and I checked and double checked and everything is exactly the same as it is suposed to. When I run world.exe, it says this

LoginServer.ini read.
Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'grosbaloo
@localhost' (Using password: YES)
Loading items...DB Query Error
Error #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error in PopulateZoneLists query 'SELECT MAX(id) FROM items' #2006: MySQL server
has gone away
done.
Loading guild ranks...DB Query Error
Error #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Error in GetGuildRank query 'SELECT id, eqid, name, leader, rank0title, rank1, r
ank1title, rank2, rank2title, rank3, rank3title, rank4, rank4title, rank5, rank5
title from guilds' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
done.
World server listening on: port 9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin.gotfrags.com:5999

My MYSQL account is the same it was before and it worked just great before but now it says my access is denied and doesn't load anything else cause of it...

Anyone knows what I need to do ?? I appreciate any help anyone would give me and good job on the new 0.2.5 looks really cool and can't wait to try it out:D

Trumpcard
03-19-2002, 01:50 PM
open a dos window, go to c:/mysql/bin

type 'mysql'

enter

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON eq.* TO username@localhost
IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

obviously, replace username with the name you have in your db.ini file, and password with the database password you want to use..

Cheers

Grosbaloo
03-20-2002, 01:37 PM
I tried that and it still wont work:(

When I open DOS for some reason my keyboard is all screwed so there are some characters I dont know how to do like backslash so I couldnt do like C:\mysql\bin cause of that. So I went into mysql directory and directly opened mysql which takes you to DOS. I wrote everything that is written there by puttin in my password and username at the places needed. It gives error 1064 syntax error in line.

Im not a computer programmer or anything and I know only very basic things on a comp but I was able to make the emu work the first time... so if you know anything else I could try to not get errors or to get the emu to work again I would really appreciate it:)

thx a lot for trying to help me though:D

Lyenu X`Arie
03-20-2002, 08:15 PM
check your spelling and make sure your password is in ' '

Grosbaloo
03-21-2002, 11:27 AM
Ok I did that with the 'password' and it worked... well it said query ok 0row affected. SO I thought it must have worked but I was wrong, still not working and giving me same msg when staring world.exe...

Anybody has another idea on what I am doing wrong?? ( found out first problem was not using quotes around my pass)

Trumpcard
03-21-2002, 01:10 PM
make sure your db.ini file have that exact username and password you just updated, then restart the world server