PDA

View Full Version : Petition Manager

melchoir
06-25-2003, 08:19 PM
Don't remember if I posted this way back when I made it or not, but I figure, what the hell. This was a petition manager I made a while back for devn00b. If you want to check it out, grab it here (http://www.nctimes.net/~threeofus/PM-Setup.zip).

I'm bored and will probably have some spare time, so if anyone is interested in it and wants me to add something to it, let me know.

Edgar1898
06-26-2003, 03:22 AM
Whats this for? Is it an ingame ui for petitions? Does it use my old petition commands? (#viewpetition, #delpetition, #listpetition,#petitioninfo) If so I got the real petition system to work (the one that live uses) and its 1000% better than my old system with the # commands. It has a nice interface it lets you add comments to petitions, escalate them, shows you when they were sent, you dont need to know the petition number, it will use the /inquire command so you can place warnings on ppls accts, its nice.

melchoir
06-26-2003, 06:30 AM
Nope, mine is just a 3rd party (out-of-game) tool that I made a while ago. How exactly did /inquire work? Mine seperates the checked and unchecked petitions into two different lists.

With the interface you can check the petition text, add a comment, set the urgency level and it will leave your GM name so other GMs know who checked it.

Give it a try, see what you think. But if you have any ideas for something for me to add, let me know, I need something to work on :)

Edgar1898
06-26-2003, 06:35 AM
/inquire charname PID (kinda like our acct name) lets you add warnings and praises to a character so that if a player exploits the gm can look at their acct and see if they warrant a suspension. Also its used on live for a way to track item reimbursements and other adjustments for future guides and gms to reference.

mangoo
06-26-2003, 06:47 AM
Edgar, is the code for the GUIDE window (petitions) in the current CVS? I'd love to have it :D

Edgar1898
06-26-2003, 06:55 AM
No its only on my server atm I'm still making a few adjustments and I would like to get /inquire finished before I check it in because the petitions window has a button for inquires. Oh and one other thing the petitions windows works like live which might need some time getting used to when you want to send tells :P If you have a petition on your screen and hit the 't' button to send a tell it automatically puts in the characters name so you dont need to type it in.

melchoir
06-26-2003, 07:02 AM
dib - int(10) unsigned
petid - int(10) unsigned
charname - varchar(32)
accountname - varchar(32)
lastgm - varchar(32)
petitiontext - text
gmtext - text
zone - varchar(32)
urgency - int(11)
charclass - int(11)
charrace - int(11)
charlevel - int(11)
checkouts - int(11)
unavailables - int(11)
ischeckedout - tinyint(4)
senttime - bigint(11)

That's the 'petitions' table struct, but I don't see any soulmark/warning field in there. Where does it store it?

**Edit: Do you have a newer version of the table or did you modify yours?**

Edgar1898
06-26-2003, 07:09 AM
/inquire doesnt work with the current releases, I just recently discovered the structs. It will need a new table to hold these because petitions are meant to be erased, while Soulmarks (thats what /warn'ings and /praise's are) are meant to be stored forever. What /inquire does is simply retrieve these warnings and praises on the acct. Oh and it lets you add them also after the window pops up.

melchoir
06-26-2003, 07:14 AM
Ahh, that makes sense.

Do you have the struct finished? That would give me something to work on, if you could send me the .sql for it, assuming it's done.

Another thing, any idea how the senttime field works? If I remember right, it stores a large number in the field, but I'm not exactly sure how to convert it to actual time.

Acolyte
06-26-2003, 07:22 AM
Actually, soulmarks are deletable.

Merth
06-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Awesome, thanks a bunch for this, LE.

melchoir
06-26-2003, 07:32 AM
/me cries

Edgar1898
06-26-2003, 07:47 AM
Well the point was that they were designed to be kept while petitions werent designed to, thats what I was saying. I'm still working on the structs (I know what everything is and where its stored, I just have to finish making the table and add code to call from the table when needed), but I should have it done by next week or so. Oh and the sent time is just a unix timestamp, number of seconds since epoch.

melchoir
06-26-2003, 07:50 AM
Sounds good.