PDA

View Full Version : Tired of eq in a window? -EqLauncher will fix that

ozme
06-27-2003, 05:31 PM
I got bored and decided to write a launcher for Eq so that when im not working on my server I can play on it in full screen.

To get a copy of eqlauncher please click the link below and go to the downloads section

http://www.geocities.com/v6greenfbird95

EDIT- Just recompiled it so no one can complain about it not having a border there is now a option to turn it on :D

ozme
06-28-2003, 07:01 PM
I would like for someoen to post if they are having problems with it

Mortamer
06-29-2003, 03:56 AM
the website doesn't work on mozilla, I had to use IE.

Bigpull
07-04-2003, 11:09 AM
In my typical nazi fasion i'd like to ask that you release the source, Perhaps someone will fix that "remove the eqgame.exe if you used browse" problem, not to mention i know some people like to rename thier exe's since we don't do the client check live is suposed to have.

Mortamer
07-04-2003, 11:17 AM
This is a good program, open source or not. If he wants it closed source, let it be closed source. If you want to write a launcher and have it be open source, great for you!

ozme
07-07-2003, 05:10 AM
I had planned on removing that little bug as you call it the (Remove eqgame.exe). I got really busy in real life and this is my first time on my computer in a while and I dont know when ill be able to work on my projects again. Ill try to find time to upload the source tonight after I get home from work.

ozme
07-07-2003, 07:41 PM
I just uploaded the source to the program. Really this program is very simple it really only needs to be 2 lines long to work but i added in a few xtra things. Basicly to write a program like this you just need to tell the program to change directory to the eqdirectory and then execute eqgame with the patchme flag. Please feel free to modify my program and redistibute as you wish. Its on the downloads page http://www.geocities.com/v6greenfbird95

ozme
07-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Im sure everyone that is interested in writing a launcher knows what qbasic is and how to convert that code into there prefered language. Anyway in QB this is what the code would look like

CHDIR "C:\progra~1\everqu~1\"
shell("eqgame.exe patchme")

Run that and it will launch eq in full screen without using patcher. you could just type it into a command prompt as i think it was tumpcard that posted how to use eqgame.exe.

just remember to get it to work you have to change the dir to your eq dir