PDA

View Full Version : bleh

Yumaddar
07-01-2003, 06:43 AM
eh im crashing to Desctop when I click on enter world. Its not the server because its done this for more then one server...ehh I would give you more info, but I don't really know what to give :? any ideas?

a_Guest03
07-01-2003, 08:19 AM
I've heard it has to do with the client files - wrong versions or something to that effect. I doubt anyone knows the answer for sure, or I would've seen a solution. With patcher down, you just have to learn to live with it, or continue in your search for another solution that is not patching.

Yumaddar
07-01-2003, 10:13 AM
havn't been searching because i didn't needed it before ever....:/ do I need to get that new version that just came out?

Shadowrun[EQ]
07-01-2003, 11:46 AM
IT could be your UI files, look into your Everquest directory and look for a file called UIerror.txt or something that looks similiar to that.

Yumaddar
07-02-2003, 08:02 AM
thanks dude that was it.

BTW your sig is hilarious!

a_Guest03
07-02-2003, 08:24 AM
Shadowrun, you come to the rescue again - adding this to my sig.

randgardner0
07-02-2003, 12:02 PM
okay i donno if this is the same problem or not, but for SOME of my characters (for some reason the 3 highest ones), whenever i try to enter world with them, the eq load screen shows up, but nothing loads and eventually i get booted back to the server select screen. with other characters the world loads, but with the highest 3, it does not.
however, they do load on my friend's computer.
i am running eqemu after following the readme and eqw 2.32, as well as the latest patches from right before the patch server went down.
i looked into UIErrors.txt, but i don't think it applies to this situation...or does it?

Yumaddar
07-02-2003, 06:00 PM
On your friends computer, you have different UI files. Just delete the UI files of your 3 chars, and see if you can get in or not.

randgardner0
07-02-2003, 07:08 PM
yeah i tried that originally, but the problem still persists. dunno whats wrong, but everytime i try to log on with one of those chars it logs an error in UIErrors.txt.
i noticed that it lets me on these chars like, once a day though sometimes. i tried it just now, but after i zoned about twice the game froze, and when i tried to log back on the same char, i got the same problem again.

krispykrememan
07-02-2003, 07:41 PM
deleting the UI files doesn't seem to work all the time fer me, but everyonce in a while. Also, it could be a fluke, but a lot of the time when i log in on a different char, camp out, and then login on my main it lets me in.

Yumaddar
07-02-2003, 09:05 PM
EQ is buggy. if full of crappy programming... :P you just have to work with the problems a bit...

07-03-2003, 03:43 AM
EQ isn't buggy, it just was never meant to work on these servers, :lol:

randgardner0
07-03-2003, 04:24 AM
yeah, camping on another char and logging on my main has worked for me in the past, but never "a lot of the time". kind of sucks when you cant log on your main :?

Yumaddar
07-03-2003, 04:38 AM
eq is just as buggy on live as it is here. (exept for the fact that on eqlive, npcs tend not to be picked up and droped from 50 feet in the air :P )

volcom
07-06-2003, 10:39 AM
it is the login bug deleting UI files and camping with char help and restarting ur computer and if u r on GW server server ops can remake ur char all of those helped me

redneck0ne
08-15-2003, 05:14 AM
well i not only noticed the npc's falling from the heavens, but also on emu is the only place i can find random zone crashes, consitant LD, more than plentiful desktop crashes, and the ever nagging GM that runs around with weapons that would make even the oldest vet of midevil warfare tinkle in his chainmail. point is that Live EQ is more stable, but after a 3 year persuite to hack EQ Live, i think i can settle for a buggy emulater. big props to the EQ team for creating a game in wich i have YET to hack into and rule.

Barench
08-15-2003, 11:51 AM
The last comment has been a bit harsh. First we should all take our hats off to the developers.... I have not seen anyone do a better job - and until they do, they do not have the right to flame.

A quick summary of what eqemu has that eqlive does not....
1) Unique quests designed for particular servers (like scorpious2k).
2) Unique items (most legit servers offer this).
3) Re arranging zones to create new worlds (like winter roar).
4) Unique PKing rules (like guildwars).
5) Unique story lines (like scorpious2k)
6) Many of the non-legit will allow anyone to be a GM so they can learn the commands.
7) Unique NPCs.
8) Unique Creatures (like scorpious2k)
9) Better support (most support 1 gm for every 5 players)
10) Less players, so you get to know most of the players online.
11) Atleast one server has also broken the Level 65 Limit.

It is true that some quests do not work, some zones crash frequently, login server does go down, and some of the other minor problems which have been listed - but keep in mind that this is still growing and is not a finished product. The flexability in which most people can experience is unbeatable by eqlive.

Also keep in mind that a server will normally consist of several computers, and a great deal of time to set up. Support these people, dont flame them!

This project (and for that matter, even the servers which are open to the public) is only as good as the people supporting it. If you have a problem with something - then lend a hand. If you cant program - report bugs, or go to your favorate server and prove yourself and they will normally allow you to help on their server. If you still are not happy then create your own server or just go back to eqlive (most players do both eqlive and eqemu - so their needs are being met).