PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 2.0

Windcatcher
07-03-2003, 05:45 PM
1. Redesigned and rewrote major portions of the region-handling code so it's done The Right Way (tm). It's faster, simpler, much more stable, and far more flexible.

2. Added support for an optional water depth for water/lava areas. It means that your water areas don't have to go down forever but can stop at a certain depth.

3. Water and lava areas can now be either rectangular or elliptical, and you can have multiple overlapping areas (lava takes precedence). Beware though that having elliptical water areas makes your zone files grow a lot.

4. Numerous general GUI refinements.

5. Added some more options to the roof script, made a tiny tweak to the rectangular column script, and added some new scripts.

6. Improved polygon placement accuracy.

Happy 4th,

Wind

a_Guest03
07-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Jeez, keep 'em coming as they strike you, WC.

daeken_bb
07-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Good work, WC :D

DeletedUser
07-05-2003, 10:55 PM
:D yay

gotta start using this now for my mod.

IANumtin
07-06-2003, 06:32 PM
I've been camping this weekend so sorry for the late reply....

Nice work Wind :lol:

IANumtin
07-06-2003, 07:10 PM
Just downloaded 2.0 but I seem to be having some problems. I opened up the arena.scn I created and tried to convert to .s3d. Everything worked ok but when I entered the zone, it seemed to have cut off about 1/3 of it. It now just drops off the edge and the large building in the NE corner has been cut off.

Windcatcher
07-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Can you post your .SCN file to the FTP site? Then I could test it and try to find out what's going on.

WC

IANumtin
07-07-2003, 12:21 PM
It's the same arena.scn that's already up there. I used the same one. Converts fine now using 1.9 but not 2.0. Also, did you update the collision tree in 2.0? If so, I tried spawning an NPC (dragon) but it still appears half buried in the ground.

Windcatcher
07-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Got it. It was a simple fix.

When I export a zone I have to break it up into regions. I do this along a grid, and I was using a fixed division size. Your zone was so large that we appear to have been running into an implementation limit in the client. I added a few lines of code to calculate an appropriate division size based on the zone size instead. I exported your zone and ran around it in the client; it appears to be working well now.

I want to do a little work on a new script I had in mind and then I'll post OpenZone 2.1 tonight.

WC

DeletedUser
07-08-2003, 09:58 AM
meh, all the zones I make just crash in eqemu. I can't start working on my EQ Mod without the zones. :x

Windcatcher
07-08-2003, 10:46 AM
I just posted OpenZone 2.1, which has several bugfixes. Could you try it out and let me know if it helps? If it doesn't, could you post your .SCN file somewhere so I can test it and try to find out what's going on?

WC

DeletedUser
07-08-2003, 12:21 PM
will do. keep up with good work wc :D