PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 2.2

Windcatcher
07-10-2003, 12:44 PM
1. Redesigned some portions of the .WLD export code and fixed a lot of problems, including getting mobs to position themselves correctly. The program will take a bit longer to export to .WLD/.S3D, but there's no help for it. I've optimized the algorithms involved, but the program simply has to do a lot more to get everything right.

2. Made several optimizations to get the model to load into OpenGL more quickly.

3. Fixed a problem with lighting where the lighting direction was backwards (all my vertex normals were backwards, making it look like the sun rose in the west).

4. Added some code to enforce the fact that water sizes *must* be positive numbers. A note about this: in the arena test zone I saw that the X water size was negative. If there is anyone working on zones with negative water size values, they need to be manually fixed or, while you'll *see* water in your zone, you won't be able to swim in it. The way to fix this is to make the size value positive and set the position number to the position at the other edge.

5. Changed the pipe, cylinder, cone, and spiral_staircase scripts so that in the x-y direction they are positioned by their *centers* instead of at one corner. It means anyone using these scripts will have to reposition their objects, but it makes them infinitely easier to work with in the long run.

6. Made some optimizations to the way water/lava areas are generated when exporting to .WLD/.S3D to try to keep file sizes minimal.

I still suspect a memory hole somewhere when you're working on your scene, but I haven't found one yet. My earlier comments on saving often applies here...

Enjoy,

Wind

I've updated my test zone and textures on ftp://ftp.eqemupvp.com with a newer/better/more goodie-filled version for anyone who wants to play with it.

IANumtin
07-11-2003, 01:30 AM
Just downloaded and tried it. Excellent work!! The spawns are now spawning the way they should. Dragon is now "feet on the ground" instead of half buried. I've also changed the water as you suggested and have sent the updated .SCN and .S3D's to Edgar for the site.

a_Guest03
07-11-2003, 02:20 AM
Wow, this has been a productive vacation, WC! Thank you!