PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

Jeremax
07-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Ok, I use two versions of Eqw... 2.35a which works(ed) great. 2.32 sometimes, but the screen is downsized and I like fullscreen with CTRL+ALT+R to access windows... Anyways today I try and run EQw using EqEmu host and it fails, I run EverQuest.exe and I run EQ.exe through EQw... but running EQw w/ Eqemu host results in a message saying EverQuest.dll isn't loading or something of that matter, Weird... I'll tweak with that later I am kinda suspecting it might be something SOE's doing, dunno... And secondly where's a good place to update all drivers? I need to take care of this pile of dog shit that I use for a computer... thanks.

Shawn319
07-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Start->run-> CMD

cd c:\progra~1\sony\everqu~1 (or your EQ directory)

eqgame.exe patchme

Jeremax
07-14-2003, 05:25 PM
Does an EverQuest CD need to be in my drive for that to work? About to go find out! I use EQ Trilogy so I wouldn't know which to use, also have some spare old CDs though

Muuss
07-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Do you play with the correct version of the Eq files? ie, have u patched to Eqlive or do u play with the files available from the patcher in the past ?

for the drivers, consult the manufacturer's websites, under the support sections, u may find what u need.

Jeremax
07-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Two folders, constantly tweaking with... got the EQfix from a location that has absolutely nothing to do with this site for one of the folders, going to patch EQ onto the other one and see if it fixes it...

Jeremax
07-15-2003, 12:17 AM
It's a problem with EQgame I know this much so far.

Muuss
07-15-2003, 12:23 AM
is EQ with emu working w/ EQW, like Shawn advised you ?
Test several configurations and if some work, you could start to eliminate some of the things that cause your troubles.