PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question on 0.4.4

Magoth78
08-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Heya there,

Ive just compiled the 0.4.4sources from the .zip file available on the main page.
My server is working fine but there is no xp gain at all when I kill a mob, being a GM or not.. :?:
I can only gain xp whit #setxp... does anyone have an idea?

Thx,
Mag

A_Coder
08-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Perhaps its a problem with your database. Download the database from:

http://mwnpcmovdb.kicks-ass.net

then drop your current eq database;
and source the new one.

Magoth78
08-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the reply,

It's not a DB issue as I used differents Database to check (also tested the npcmov DB).

I still can't win xp by killing a mob... I don't get it...

Again, I'm using the sources from the 0.4.4sources.zip files in the main page. I did not have this prob using the sources from CVS and I don't want to compile them again as the sources.zip from the main page seem to be more recent.

./need help

Mag

A_Coder
08-05-2003, 06:26 PM
not sure if this will help - sorry :'(

1) Make sure your using the December 5th 2002 Binaries for eq
2) Try to download the eqemu4.4 binaries instead of the source - the binaries have been compiled and have been demonstrated to work with eq.

Magoth78
08-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Hello, thanks again for the reply.

But,

1- Yes, I've the right binaries for EQ.
2- the eqemu4.4 binaries (from the main page) have not been compiled whit the sources from the main page because:
a/ Whit the 0.4.4 binaries: Melees and mage pets are bugged. (it's the reason why I'm not using em)
b/ If you compile the sources, all is fine (there's even some pretty nice Guildwars code in it) BUT you don't gain experience. I've tried a different DB, same. I've tried whit a non-Gm account (to be sure the XP was depeding on the user flag), same...

So there is something in the 0.4.4sources from the eqemu.net mainpage that avoids you to gain experience and I'd really like to know what as I'm able to recompile them.

Mag

Ducky59
08-10-2003, 12:14 AM
There is a value in the variables table, I beleieve its called EXPMod for an experience modifer, check and see if the value is 0, if it is 0 that might explain youre problem.
GoldDragon-Krushers-Dev

Magoth78
08-10-2003, 12:23 AM
My EXPMod is at 3 atm.

Also, I don't get this problem when I use different binaries... but theses ones seem to be more recents due to the fact that there is some new Guildwars code in em.