PDA

View Full Version : Changing item "GM" status?

kwilson1997
09-14-2003, 04:13 PM
:?: I'm trying to take a regular item and make it a really NICE item. I then would like to assign it as a LOOT item for a mob that I created. I've managed to alter the item to how I like, I've managed to create the mob and have it respawn appropriately, I've managed to specify how much money the mob I created drops and it does, and I've even managed to get the item to drop when the mob dies... well... KINDA.

Here's my problems:

1) I'd like that item to ONLY be dropped by that mob... I don't want people summoning it... so I'd like to put the "GM" status on it. But in the "EQEmu Admin Tool 4.7" when I check the "GM" checkbox in the ITEMS tab, then go to save it (commit changes), it UNCHECKS it for me. Is there something special you have to do to an item to allow EQEmu Admin to make that item a GM item only?

2) When the mob dies... I get the money I specified to drop... and the item is dropped as well... but I DON'T SEE THE DROP?! I know it's there, because the drop box is EMPTY and the corpse won't disapear (like when it's empty). Is there something special I have to do to make the loot appear in the drop dialog after the mob is killed?

Thanks for the help!

mangoo
09-14-2003, 04:42 PM
1) Try using Kaiyodo's Item Editor. It's a great tool to use for items.
2) I could be wrong, but it sounds like the item doesn't have an icon assigned to it.

kwilson1997
09-15-2003, 06:55 AM
1) I'll try that editor.. looks good!

http://www.geocities.com/kaiyodouk/

2) Turns out the item wasn't showing up cuz I altered the "ID" field... so it couldn't find it. I put it back and there it was! Odd how they let you edit that.

I'm currently struggling with placing SPAWN's and making them STICK! :wink: I should be able to figure it out.[/url]

redneck0ne
09-20-2003, 07:50 AM
its weird how small things like a ID number, or a decimal mark can screw up yer whole project....nothin important about that statement, just thought it was interresting.