PDA

View Full Version : SPDat Spell Editor

Kaiyodo
03-31-2002, 11:36 AM
This is my SPDat editor wot I made today, it's quite simple, and a bit rough around the edges, but it works.

There's a big read me in the zip to tell you how it works.

Have fun with it, and make some cool spells :)

K.

Lyenu X`Arie
03-31-2002, 11:53 AM
Congrats Kaiyodo on making the first SPDat editor =) Looks very nice, haven't used it for editing yet, but it looks and I hear it works perfect =D.

Shawn319
03-31-2002, 11:54 AM
thats flippin awesome!

Shawn319
03-31-2002, 12:00 PM
trying it out now.. any chance of making it opensource?

Shawn319
03-31-2002, 12:38 PM
Ok for the people that DONT read the readme (like i just didnt lol) u need to copy the edited spdat.eff to your EQEMU folder AND EverQuest folder... hehe

_OZZY_
03-31-2002, 04:20 PM
LOL...they're called README's for a reason

Firehawk
03-31-2002, 08:44 PM
Woot! Thanks Kaiyodo, looks great so far. A lot easier then doing it the old way:) There is a program called Eqcaster (can't remember where i got it though) that is a really good tool to use to see what the diffrent numbers and effects mean are for many of the spells. Just can't edit them with it.

FYI info the reason the Min number is always neg (in case people are wondering and don't kow) is because of the formula used (at least this is the reason i seemed to come up with.) For Ice Comet it would be "(Min) * Fomula = damage". So it works out as -620 * 10 = -6200, or 6200 damage. Except the Max is 1120 so it just gets set to 1120 every time. But that's why the first number in damage spells need to be neg.

Another note if anyone doesn't know. Formula 102 means (min + level) = damage 103 is "Min + Level * 2 = damage" and so on upward ( i think it keeps going, don't see any spells that go higher though. And 101 is "Min + Level / 2 = damage" There are some paranthises in there somewhere but i'm tired so i just left them out :) I think these formula number work the same way for buffs and debuffs but didn't get a chance to check many of them.

And on a small note...you forgot an L in skill :) But since that's the only mistake i've seen we won't hold it against you :p

Great program thought, and nice work!!

Kaiyodo
04-01-2002, 01:56 AM
Here's the source for it. I've converted it to a VC6 project rather than the VC.NET it started out as so more people can compile it. I've added a few comments here and there, but it should be pretty easy to understand as long as you know a bit about the Win32 API.

Be aware, this is not what I'd call elgant code :)

K.

Baron Sprite
04-01-2002, 11:06 AM
thanks for that K, I was mad I never did get to finish mine :D

thanks for source too, maybe I'll touch up it up a bit if you don't mind ;)

Zio
04-09-2002, 02:30 AM
two words bro:

:D kick ass! :D

Razzle
04-13-2002, 06:52 AM
Wonderful Job!

Baron, if you are touching things up- can you make the spell gem/color a pulldown menu?

h37lion
04-14-2002, 04:39 AM
I simply love this little spell editor. I was having a lot of troubles creating/editing spells before, but this tool makes it very simple.

Now I'm creating quests and npcs that cast certain spells for you.
It's working really well so far.. and every custom spell has worked so far, so im excited. I'm probably soon going to start a website devoted to custom spell files, and quest files for each zone. I'm building an alternate version of what I think eq should be like, quest-wise.

Hmm
04-14-2002, 11:18 AM
wow i wonder why i waited to try it

WeirdAE

100 dd zone wide AE
Illusion: elemental wolf ( yes it changes EVERYONE to wolf other than caster )
gflux style ( blast upwards but twice as high it dont seem to work.. maybe emu unsupported.. )

then it mind wipes mobs 6 times each heh so result is all mobs change to wolf and get hurt a little but dont aggro.

im trying to make AE that makes everyone make a eye of zoom but dont seem to work either.

Vipermmx
04-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Damn nice job bro. Hope to see more releases =)

Baron Sprite
04-21-2002, 03:35 PM
made gems and icons a seperate button, opened up new window to select what ones you want, but my compiler went k-plunk, finding cd :D

Razzle
04-22-2002, 08:03 AM
made gems and icons a seperate button, opened up new window to select what ones you want, but my compiler went k-plunk, finding cd :D

I can't think of good enough words to thank you with.

Could someone please explain to me how I could make a blank .eff file with 1000 slots?