PDA

View Full Version : EqEmuWorldBuilder

Merth
10-01-2003, 02:09 AM
I am creating a new tool to help world builders populate worlds. Currently, it takes output from packet collector and converts it to a format that can be used by EQEMu. Soon, it will provide the ability to merge packet collected data with a working EQEMu database.

As an example, Merth's Florida server is currently running with populated PoP/LoY zones, thanks to the people that have packet collected these zones.

Since packet collector currently only collects a snapshot of the spawns at any given time, a world builder will need the ability to take multiple snapshots and only merge the spawns that are correct. This is the first feature that will be added to the program.

It runs on the Microsoft.NET runtime, so you have to be running on Windows and the .NET framework must be installed. It is open source and is written in c#.

If you would like to get a preliminary release that currently just converts spawn data, PM Merth in IRC or on these boards.

**NOTE** If you raid high level zones a lot in EQLive, we could use you! You can provide spawn data for high level mobs that are difficult to collect.

mikejf7
10-01-2003, 02:18 AM
Great work, Merth. :)

a_Guest03
10-06-2003, 05:40 AM
My brother's guild is working towards potime, but he is as lazy of a person as I've ever met... He owes me hundreds of dollars (a lot at the ripe age of 22), so I'll try to con him into doing some packetcollecting.