PDA

View Full Version : NPC Cross Match Program

Scorpious2k
10-03-2003, 03:06 AM
I've written a little utility program and am making it available to whomever might want it.

This program, npcxref.exe, will search spawn2 for spawns in the selected zone. It then cross references the information there, in spawn entries and npc types to analyze a zone.

The result, is a list of all NPCs in the zone and some basic information about them. It then summarizes the information. It gives you a list of all the levels in the zone and how many NPCs at that level (excluding boats, ships and standard player type races/citizens). It gives you a list of each NPCid and how many of each NPCid in in the zone. Finally it gives you the number of NPCs that were excluded from the summary because of its type and gives you the average level of all NPCs not excluded because of their type.

I wrote this program to help in the population of and level adjustment of zones, but I'm sure there are probably other uses I haven't thought of. :-)

Its available for download at ftp://24.236.75.143:2000 with anonymous login. You will need the NPCxref.zip file and the COBOLdllFiles.zip file. Find them in the pub/utilities directory.

The docs consist of a readme. They stink. What do you expect for free? <grin>

EDIT: It seems my ISP has decided to block port 21, this has kept people out of our FTP server. I have changed the port we are using and the above link so that you can get in again.