Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
KingMort
Banned

Default SmartAggro

I had to recently turn the SmartAggro system off, because they were killing my raid content with an exploit involving the code..

How it works is a tank steps in with DA on, the mob attacks the tank still.. Meanwhile the rest of the raid just stands back watching and sending their pets in.. The Mob will never turn to kill pets.. A DA should drop the player to the bottom of the npc's hate list. Turning to kill the pets, then back to the tank..

So I had them switching between discs and DA over and over with pets as main dps in every raid they did.. No use for melee in this scenario.. I had to just turn it off back to the old system where pet agro wasn't smart...

The irony is I was trying to get this pet agro thing fixed for a long time, it just needs to be fine tuned I think

As always devs i'm in #kmra can tell you exactly how it works on Live can come pick my brain any time.

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 AM
KLS
Administrator

Wouldn't be hard to add a check for invuln make you less than pets to the code, just an oversight. I'd probably question why you have so much easily available da though!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

There is a back item in game that has a DA clicky on it.

Mostly used it for Klandicar.

I don't see how that fight is going to happen now =/
Old 07-09-2008, 02:48 PM
KingMort
Banned

You guys will use your brains thats how.. They beat it before , when the agro system was working as it is now.. You can come up with some strats to beat it without DA / Pet Zergging...

KLS as I have told eqemu folks for years, the whole hate system needs to be looked at.. I believe it is still set so that whoever is doing the most dps gets the agro.. Which is NOT how the hate system works on live...
Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

i don't know abotu live, but in a system where most dps=most agro, SK become totaly useless (as tanks) since they have entire line of spells which does not do damage but simply pumps agro - if those spells are not taken into account for agro system - its bad
Old 08-26-2008, 09:22 PM
The_Hand
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
i don't know abotu live, but in a system where most dps=most agro, SK become totaly useless (as tanks) since they have entire line of spells which does not do damage but simply pumps agro - if those spells are not taken into account for agro system - its bad
Playing a SK with more tanking ability right now then most who are playing (on the Zeb server), I have to say this is absolutly right. The SK agro spells do NOTHING right now.. It is very difficult to regain agro from anyone in MELEE only..

Please fix the agro problem, I even did some testing this morning me and a warrior were just standing by a mobs spawn point. We were both the same level and stood the same distance away from the mobs spawn point.. EVERY time the mob would AUTO agro on the warrior..