Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
ElBigmac
Fire Beetle

Question Bad server name, unknown reason

Could any of the Devs with access to the Minilogin source code (or anybody who just know this) tell me why Minilogin always replies with Bad server name, unknown reason no matter what server name I set in the configs?

Basically, I want to know what is the condition for the Minilogin to spit this error message out. Does it simply do some kind of string compare between the Server name variables in the Minilogin and world config files? Which servername is compared in the world server file (the long or the short one)?

Funny thing is, if I set up the world server incorrectly (lets say I leave the logintype variable empty) the World server connects fine to the Minilogin, but my server list is empty.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
ElBigmac
Fire Beetle

Well I got it to work, basicaly, it seems the long server name in eqemu_config.xml needs to be 10 characters minimum.