Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-29-2002, 04:43 PM
Zafar
Sarnak

Default EverQuest Game Launcher [1.0.0.9]

I made some changes today, because I was getting annoyed with 1.0.0.8 not supporting the eqlogin2.eqemu.net server and had to correct some issues with 1.0.0.8, was slacking off for a while.

Also, someone else may be taking the program over -- not quite sure yet. Here is the changelog if anyone is interested. There are a few other features that have been implemented, and I may have forgotten to put those in to the changelog.

Friday, November 29, 2002 (final) 1.0.0.9
- Corrected the issue with EverQuest(tm) Game Launcher requiring a restart after patching the eqhost.txt file.
- Added the option to patch to the eqlogin2.eqemu.net servers, there are two of these options now.
- Changed the structure to patch the EverQuest(tm) Server file. You can now use ALT+1 to update for eqlogin1.eqemu.net or you can use ALT+2 to update for eqlogin2.eqemu.net -- since the eqlogin1.eqemu.net server seems to have been offline for the past week or two as of this release.
- Removed the version number from some of the dialog boxes -- easier to update the releases without having additional areas to worry about.
- Added additional information to the about box dialog. This may have been long over-due, but it's mostly credits where credit is due.
- Corrected some areas in the Setup application that were still looking at the old address to download, to find information, etc.
- Corrected the search paths for the setup application, should now check for previous releases correctly.
- Added search information to the setup application, so people can find this software easier using the Search feature.
- Added a description in the setup program -- this is for newer Windows platforms (e.g: Windows 2000/XP, etc.)
- Added a ICON for the Setup Application that is in the Add/Remove Applications area of Windows.

You can download the software, and source code at:
http://galileo.spaceports.com/~zafar/

People who are using 1.0.0.8, may be able to use the Update feature that was implemented in that version to go to get the latest release.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:51 AM
Baron Sprite
Dragon

Old 12-05-2002, 02:53 AM
Zafar
Sarnak

Heh, I hope that smile wasn't at the mistake I noticed. I did upload 1.0.0.9 and it seems that it didn't upload correctly, and left 1.0.0.8 there instead.

Anywho, I had to re-install my operating system recently and I have to re-code everything I was doing for 2.0.0; which has some corrections, changes and a new option or two. This probably will be released tonight or sometime this week.

Thank god I have the code here and if that's nerfed, I can always manually redo it again -- since I know exactly what I did in the last release. Sigh, I hate spaceports -- which is why I kind of was against them in the first place.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:59 AM
Zafar
Sarnak

Default Oh for god's sake!

I forgot that Spaceport uses UNIX/Linux and the file was not named properly, just noticed setup.exe and Setup.exe. OK, you all can have your laughs at me for this. I have corrected this and 1.0.0.9 is now able to be downloaded.

* bump *