Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Default Tutorials for the tool-less?

I have attempted and (sadly) failed trying to get all the DB editor tools working. So I am stuck editing the DB using Navicat. It works fine for most changes (albeit a bit tedious), but does not actually allow me to edit items for some reason. I found the item I wanted to edit in the item table, but when I changed a few things on it (including the name and some stats), none of those changes showed up in game. Is there a tutorial for the tool-less among us?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:15 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

i am using oficial mySQl query browser - free download of mySQl official site

very easy to use for editing of existign items
Old 07-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
i am using oficial mySQl query browser - free download of mySQl official site very easy to use for editing of existign items
Thanks Chaos. I think I found the problem with Navicat--It seems you actually have to log out completely and restart the world before the changes take place in the Items table. It works differently for the npctypes table, which allows you just to repop the zone to see changes to the characters.

What I'm really looking for though is some kind of tutorial that shows me how to edit the loot tables. I have found these tutorials for creating factions (which involves editing three tables), but have not found one for editing the loot tables. I need something that shows the relationship between the four loot tables, what goes where, and in just what order I edit them. I assume the loot editors do all this for you, but I cannot get any of them to work on my computer.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:09 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

loot tables are the pain in the royal place =)
there are 4 of them which have rather tricky inter-conection and my best advise is to try to get George editor to work with them =)
Old 07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Neiv - what's the problem/error you get running the tools?
Which ones work and don't, and did you install the myodbc drivers and run regsrvr.bat to install library files?

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
Neiv - what's the problem/error you get running the tools? Which ones work and don't, and did you install the myodbc drivers and run regsrvr.bat to install library files?
Okay, they work now. I thought I had installed the drivers before, but they were not from your site (I think I just did a google search on "myobdc drivers" last I tried this because I kept seeing references to the drivers but for some reason could not locate them on your site). I went back to your site, and found the link. Everything works now. Thanks--it all looks great, and I am champing at the bit to get started with them.

Just a suggestion: I've noticed in the threads that there are a quite a few users who could not get these to work due to the driver issue. It might save you the headache of answering these kinds of questions in the future if you include the drivers in the tools zip package. Just a thought.

Thanks again, George!