Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

Default 6.2 question

Im trying to make a server for my personal lan, i just want 2 clients connecting. Here is where i am stuck.

I followed the 6.2 windows server setup guide. Im using EQemu 0.6.2-DR1, Mysql 4.0, Activeperl 5.8, Minilogiin 0.6.2, Peq-velious RC1.

I went through the whole guide, and start up the server with no errors showing. I set it up to use minilogin on server, in loginserver.ini i used my local ip address for all, in boot5zones i also used local ip for everything.

On the client i setup eqhost to connect to the servers local ip, i can see my server in server selection but when i try to login it kicks me back to login saying timeout occured and gives and error on world.exe, ( Error Expecting OP_SendLogininfo, got 0 Removing client from 192.168...

Minilogin also shows some stuff, ( New Client from ip; 192.168.... Unknown packet: Opcode bunch of stuff)

Could anyone kinda point out something im doing wrong or something to check on? thanks in advance.

Last edited by Caskin; 11-17-2005 at 03:23 PM..
Old 11-17-2005, 09:56 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin
Im trying to make a server for my personal lan, i just want 2 clients connecting. Here is where i am stuck.

I followed the 6.2 windows server setup guide. Im using EQemu 0.6.2-DR1, Mysql 4.0, Activeperl 5.8, Minilogiin 0.6.2, Peq-velious RC1.

I went through the whole guide, and start up the server with no errors showing. I set it up to use minilogin on server, in loginserver.ini i used my local ip address for all, in boot5zones i also used local ip for everything.

On the client i setup eqhost to connect to the servers local ip, i can see my server in server selection but when i try to login it kicks me back to login saying timeout occured and gives and error on world.exe, ( Error Expecting OP_SendLogininfo, got 0 Removing client from 192.168...

Minilogin also shows some stuff, ( New Client from ip; 192.168.... Unknown packet: Opcode bunch of stuff)

Could anyone kinda point out something im doing wrong or something to check on? thanks in advance.
That error, that you are getting points to a wrong client version.

Try Changing your eqhosts file to connect to the eqemulator login server and logging into the PEQ server.

If you can login then its not a client problem, if you can't then your client is not the correct version for 6.2/6.3

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 11-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

I can connect to Peq server fine, both of my eq folders on client and server were freshly installed and patched before 9/13 patch.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:15 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

try with the newest 6.3 Binaries i edit the 6.2 tut i did and added the link to the newest binares off sourceforge and removed the part with the fix as it is not needed now with the new binaries. the error you are getting could be from having to replace the older binaires with the fix world and zone. i got that error using the world exe out of the fixed zip and fixed it by just useing the zone.exe from the fixed zip. But now there not needed if you grab the newest binaries. Which i added the sourceforge link into the tut.

I have tryed the nonpearl and pearl versions of 6.3 and i have had no issues as of yet with them. so try grabbing them and just replace what is in the zip into your eqemu folder. it will show as 6.3 but it is the same as 6.2 but with bug fixes.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:52 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Make sure the client's IP is set in the minilogin_IP column under the account table in your db. The LoginType option under the variables table needs to be set to Minilogin as well. Also, if you use localhost for every IP setting then you have to run the client on the same machine as the server. If you're still having trouble, change all the server's IPs to the LAN IP of the server. Sometimes that works better and that has the added benefit of allowing other machines on the network to connect to your server.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

I just ran into that problem, i replaced the files with 6.3 pack and now asking me if im connected to minilogin.

Thats what i want to do is have my server and 2 clients on my lan connecting to it. Wasnt sure if i should try to get it working by logging in on server first or from client.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

You guys are awesome, i added the client ip for minilogin and succesfully logged in and ran around WFP. Now i just have to populate the world.

Cant thank you enough :0)
Old 11-19-2005, 03:06 AM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

I have a couple questions, not sure where i should be asking this. My server is up and running fine, but its only good up to velious. Ive seen other servers saying they were good up to OOW i would like luclin and pop for sure, i can zone into them but they are empty.

Also, all my classes are missing alot of aa's they have just the basic ones, not class specific. And mobs dont seem to have any AI, i can just walk around and nothing attacks me until i engage them.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:37 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

luclin spawns and some higher get cavedudes database. mobs not attacking when you walk near them make sure you have the map files in your eqemu folder to give you LOS.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin
I have a couple questions, not sure where i should be asking this. My server is up and running fine, but its only good up to velious. Ive seen other servers saying they were good up to OOW i would like luclin and pop for sure, i can zone into them but they are empty.

Also, all my classes are missing alot of aa's they have just the basic ones, not class specific. And mobs dont seem to have any AI, i can just walk around and nothing attacks me until i engage them.

Cavedudes DB goes up to POP but its kinda buggy in the pre velious zones.(at least for me) I mean really buggy..Dont expect to find fableds to pop..None of that works for me with Cavedudes DB.

There are a lot of Mobs without the correct aggro in both DBs. I mean they may not have a npc faction group or not the correct one..That will cause them to not attack..Its getting better though..Play on PEQ server to get an idea of what is fixed and what isnt...
Old 11-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

I did forget to put maps in thats what i was having aggro problems. Im happy everything, it wont bother me to wait a while, its just PoP is my favorite expansion next to kunark.

thanks for the info
Old 11-23-2005, 06:07 AM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

Default Spells

I cant find the command to summon spells, i can find them and cast them with castspell command but, i would like to get the actual spell in inventory. I didnt see the command or info about it, if someone could help me out. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

With #help you have all the commands and syntax
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.