Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Kayot
Discordant

Default EQ becomming EQ2?

I've been noticing that eq is becoming eq2.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/g...html?guide=810

Rank Spells? Thats EQ2 all the way. I foresee EQ becoming eq2 in the next few years. Not that it's a bad thing, just kind of weird.

God doesn't give second chances... Hell, he sets you up the first time.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 AM
narcberry
Sarnak

eq isnt just becoming eq2... eq is becomming like any other mmo. It seems like a good business decision to copy ideas that other players like in other mmo's. However, the more eq becomes like other mmo's, the less people will want to play an mmo on the eq engine when others are much more modern. Every eq expansion for the last several years has made me want to play it less.

Wow copied tons from eq, now eq copies more from wow:
Quote:
New out-of-combat regeneration system allows you to sit down and rest after being out of combat for 30 seconds (group) or 5 minutes (raid). An icon displays your status:
Crossed Swords - You are currently in combat.
Hour Glass - You are recovering from combat and cannot rest yet. In addition to the hourglass, there is a timer bar beneath the endurance bar that will count down as you get closer to being rested.
Poison Drop - You are no longer in combat, but cannot rest because of a debuff that is affecting you. You must get rid of the debuff before you can rest. Certain debuffs now have a yellow border instead of a red one. These debuffs do not affect your ability to rest.
Void - The void is the default icon and indicates that you are not in-combat and you can rest at any time.
Energy Swirl - The energy swirl indicates that you are currently resting.
In a couple more years it wont matter which mmo you play, they'll all be identical.

...one more reason to take interest in Angelox's classic work, I guess.

Last edited by narcberry; 03-23-2007 at 03:23 PM..
Old 03-24-2007, 11:15 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

I am personally glad that the devs decided to freeze emulation to Ti... I absolutely LOVED EQ when it first came out, then Kunark was allright, then Velious was ok. After that I lost interest totally.... Up until about a month ago, I was playing on server version 0.5.4 which I believe was JUST compatible to GoD...

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ