Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 AM
number6
Sarnak

Default Augment combiner issue

I'm using version 984. At the moment nobody can use the augment pools. For example there is one in PoK outside the bank (using Angelox's DB) and if I click on it, nothing happens. One of my other players reported actually getting stuck altogether and having to log, but I haven't seen that myself.

I noticed that wildcardx has done some work on global containers to make them unlock properly when a player releases them; I wondered if this might be an unintended side effect of that work. Has anyone else noticed this problem or have I messed something up at my end? (quite probable!).

Cheers

Paul.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Same problem here - i reverted to Version .977 and the aug-sealer works fine again. Anything above .977, everything just hangs (can't cast, open doors, etc.) until I zone the character - Is there a bug here?
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Everything (including augments) are working fine here, on PEQ with the newest build.

As for world objects hanging make sure the type column in the db is correct. A lot of objects were collected as type 255 which will cause the client to hang.

And not to worry, if there ever is a problem with Wild's code, I am always the first to "bring it to his attention" Right, Wild?

Last edited by cavedude; 02-25-2007 at 06:04 PM..
Old 02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Which AA_Data.sql are you using?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:07 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Quote:
And not to worry, if there ever is a problem with Wild's code, I am always the first to "bring it to his attention" Right, Wild?
ain't that the fucking truth

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Just so you know, this is probably a MySql 5 bug that was formed after .977 - If anyone that has MySql5 would like to verify - I just tested on ax_peq and peq with same results.
peq uses MySql4.0, so the PEQ server could be different and not have this problem.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6
I'm using version 984. At the moment nobody can use the augment pools. For example there is one in PoK outside the bank (using Angelox's DB) and if I click on it, nothing happens. One of my other players reported actually getting stuck altogether and having to log, but I haven't seen that myself.

I noticed that wildcardx has done some work on global containers to make them unlock properly when a player releases them; I wondered if this might be an unintended side effect of that work. Has anyone else noticed this problem or have I messed something up at my end? (quite probable!).

Cheers

Paul.
On my server Dark Blades using 985 build i have had no problems with using the bird bath augmenter. I have mine augmenter in Nexus for right now and it works like it suppose too.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM
number6
Sarnak

You might be on to something with that theory Angelox as I'm using mysql 5. Unfortunately I cannot revert to mySQL 4 on my server to test that theory (the DB engine is used for other things and there are too many dependencies!).

Paul.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:37 PM
number6
Sarnak

Righto, I found the bug. Except, it was my own stupid fault :o:

I had forgotten to copy over the new patch_ files from the utils directory into the main server directory, though I'd remembered to do opcodes.conf.

Nothing to do with the SQL engine or the database contents itself. I also spent quite a while going through diffs of the source files to the emulator, which made me realise again that opcodes had changed, but also showed me quite how much work KLS has been putting into the AA code - amazing!

Anyway I hope this helps someone else fix their server too if they have been as slack as me

Paul.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6
Righto, I found the bug. Except, it was my own stupid fault :o:

I had forgotten to copy over the new patch_ files from the utils directory into the main server directory, though I'd remembered to do opcodes.conf.

Nothing to do with the SQL engine or the database contents itself. I also spent quite a while going through diffs of the source files to the emulator, which made me realise again that opcodes had changed, but also showed me quite how much work KLS has been putting into the AA code - amazing!

Anyway I hope this helps someone else fix their server too if they have been as slack as me

Paul.
Same problem was mine - thanks Paul!
I think I just have a mental disorder where I miss things that are right in front of my face.
BtW, I'm ashamed to ask but, where did you find instructions to copy over the patch_ files from the utils directory?
Old 02-26-2007, 02:11 AM
number6
Sarnak

Quote:
BtW, I'm ashamed to ask but, where did you find instructions to copy over the patch_ files from the utils directory?
Nowhere at all I did a diff on the patch files and realised there had been a change. I don't think I had updated the patch_ files since I first set up the server to be honest. I suppose a "make install" capability in the main makefile might be useful in cases like this - it could copy all the binaries, the shared library, cleanipc and so on, into the running directory - but the trouble is that I suspect everyone sets up their directory structures a bit differently, and not everyone is running on Unix. I think I will make a little shell script to do this for next time so I don't forget anything.

Paul.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

when you make that shell script, could I see it? I think I need it too
Old 03-11-2007, 07:56 PM
number6
Sarnak

Better late than never, I just put this together for the 990 update. You put the script in the directory that your executables live, but you run it from the top level of your source directory (e.g. "EQEmu-0.7.0-990"). I call this "update-server", I also have a "restart-server" script which is the same with the three "cp" commands cut out.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

SERVER=/your/server/binaries
killall eqlaunch
sleep 6
killall -9 zone
sleep 1
killall world
sleep 6
cp zone/zone world/world eqlaunch/eqlaunch $SERVER
cp EMuShareMem/libEMuShareMem.so $SERVER
cp utils/*.conf utils/cleanipc $SERVER