Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Emuman2098
Fire Beetle

Default 6.1-DR1 Server problem

I'm trying to run a 6.1-DR1 server, i have no errors to note in either world.exe text or zone.exe, i have my loginserver.ini set to:

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.# READ README.TXT
[LoginServer]
loginserver=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5998
worldname=Server Name Here
worldaddress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
locked=true
account=ServerAccountName
password=******

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=20
Unavailzone=

My Eqhost.txt is set to:

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5998

i have both those quoted directly from the files, however i changed some fields with sensitive information, such as account/password in loginserver.ini as well as my ip address there. My problem is i can get into any other server with 6.1-DR-1. but i can't seem to get mine to appear in the server select list. There are some things in zone.exe and world.exe im not sure about such as :

I'm not 100% sure if these are errors or not as thats all it says on that line then moves on down to the next lines. I have tried many searches and found and tried quite a few things and nothing seems to make the server appear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:34 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

In my login.ini account and password are blank
perhaps this is that ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

You only need those filled in when you have your server registrated.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Sound like firewall problems perhaps ? :/
Have you open port 9000, and port used in your boot5zone.bat ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.

Last edited by Belfedia; 06-02-2005 at 05:30 PM..
Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Emuman2098
Fire Beetle

I will try to figure out the firewall thing, but i have tried with and without the password/server accountand that doesn't make much of a difference, thanks a ton for the replies I'll post a reply if i figure it out
Old 06-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Emuman2098
Fire Beetle

Figured it out it was all because i was missing this at the end of loginserver.ini:

[ChatChannelServer]
ChatChannelServer=localhost