Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Default Its time to decouple the login server from the Emu servers

This dependence needs to be removed.

Everytime the login server has issues, Emus begin to flake, crashed, etc.

Today alone, the login server kept 100s of people from being able to play and dozens of servers useless/unplayable for at least the 8 hours that I attempted to login and who knows beyond that.

There has got to be a better way to have the the login server and Emus work together.

Maybe writing of an independent launcher that connects to a Emu server who then confirms the login with the login server and as long as IP and PW doesnt change, the Emu server doesnt need to contact the login server.

Or some other secure means.

No matter how its done, there has to be a better way.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:52 AM
trevius
Developer

There are many reasons why the Login Server is handled the way that it is. I doubt there would ever be a change to that. Though, the best solution I can imagine would be if there was a mirror of the Login Server that could be used when the main one is having issues. Basically the same thing, ran by the same people, just on a separate server. Though, if that happened, there would probably need to be an easy way to have clients use the primary when it was available and only the mirror if they can't get to the primary. And there would also need to be a way for Servers to connect to both the Primary and Mirror Login Servers either at the same time, or as a backup.

Again, I doubt this would ever happen though.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

I don't have a problem with how login control is held, i am just curious why is it down so often? sometimes you cannot get in for hours, and few times it lasted for a whole day
Old 08-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Slowmotionz_SZ
Fire Beetle

Sadly this would be more redundancy than Sony itself provides...