Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Kayot
Discordant

Default Floating Objects

When I put objects into tutorial, they float. Either they float or go deep into the ground. I've tried different Z pos but it just wont stick to the ground. Any ideas?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

stand where you want the object to be and type

#loc

that will give you the *actual* X, Y and Z coordinates

using the EQ client /loc actually swaps the x and y coordinates and estimates z based on the map file iirc.

I've places many containers, doors, etc using #loc and never had a problem with the z position.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Kayot
Discordant

I used #loc, maybe it has something to do with tutorial zone?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:16 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I am pretty sure the Z coordinate is dependent on where the "vertical center" of an object is, so #loc may not always give you what you want. Take for instance the facades or portal stones in PoK. If you #loc yourself and attempt to use those coords, your portals are floating. You have to slowly lower the Z until it's on the ground - and restart the zone each time (at least that's what I had to do). Can't be a static zone, in other words. Just zone out, zone back (or camp and come back) so the data gets reloaded.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

oh yeah lol ur right john i forgot about that... when in doubt, just add 5 to the z axis and that will definitely put it above ground, then slowly lower it. I found the easiest way to do this is like so:

make 3 hotkeys:

1) #zone nexus
2) line1: #/pause 50, #zoneshutdown zoneyourworkingon
line2: #zonebootup zoneserveryourzoneison zoneyourworkingon
3) #zone zoneyourworkingon

then just change the z coordinate in the database, hit those hotkeys in that order waiting for hotkey 2 to boot the zone back up, and then you will see the updated position.

this loads the zone you're working on as a dynamic zone, so actually when you zone out of it the first time it was rebooted it will auto shut down.
this forces it to reload the doors every time you restart it and zone back into it.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Kayot
Discordant

Ok, I tried what Aerewen posted, still no dice. The only time the objects move is when I put them under the world. Like -5 moves it till it looks like the top pipe sticking out of the ground. Any ideas?
Old 12-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Aerewen
Hill Giant

did you make sure to zone out, shut down the zone you were working on, boot up the zone you were working on, and zone back into it after each adjustment?

because if you dont shut down the zone and start it again, then objects, doors, etc etc will not reflect the changes made.