Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Sarpanda
Fire Beetle

Default Fluctuating HP/Endurance

Hey all, some great info and folks here on these boards, so I'm surprised I haven't been able to dig this answer up on a search yet...

I downloaded the latest source of the server, and compiled it, logged in with a the unpatched steam RoF client. It works so far, I can log all the way in, run about, stab rats, complete a n00b quest, wonderful! ...but my HP/Endurance fluctuates, raising up slowly while not in combat, dropping quickly down a %, raising up quickly, dropping quickly. Core functionality seems to be present, but that sure is annoying. After searching quite a bit, I found it could be the way HP + endurance is calculated after a certain client level, there may even be a flag for it? Thing is, I can't find what exactly to type in, where, or how....anyone else running into this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks! ^_^
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

Perhaps you dont have the Rule set, try running this sql:

Code:
UPDATE `rule_values` SET `rule_value` = 'true' WHERE `rule_name` = 'Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd';
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Drajor
Developer

I suspect this is related to the issue where server and client calculate HP/EP/MP differently. To my knowledge this has never been resolved. The fluctuations are more pronounced at lower levels. Once a character has decent +HP gear the player will barely notice.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

You can fix that, it's just like Drajor said, except not necessarily exactly what he said, without this being true, clients HP will stop at a random percentage due to the proper calculations not being used. Just run the query below, and set it from 'false' to 'true', or use Rencro's query.

Code:
SELECT * FROM rule_values WHERE rule_values.rule_name LIKE 'Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd';
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM
bad_captain
Developer

What Drajor mentioned is different. If you watch your hp/mana go up, it will go up a certain amount, and then go back down a little, then up more, then back down. The server has a different value than the client for your regen, so the server tells the client what it is, then the client updates itself to what it thinks is the correct value. I've not seen a fix for it and have noticed it at least a year ago.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Noticed it on live too. Not as pronounced though.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Sarpanda
Fire Beetle

Thanks guys, that did the trick! Is there a guide/setup section that talks about these queries and others needed to get over these kind hurdles once the server is setup?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:44 AM
sorvani
Dragon

read the rules values and descriptions. set things how you want.