Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:36 AM
XiNoID
Sarnak

Default Supported\unsupported

What is exactly supported by eqemu and what is not supported and how it is unsupported =)?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:32 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

As a general rule of thumb, the latest server version is the supported version. Older versions typically fall out of the scope of support soon after a newer version is released. The client that goes with that latest server release, unmodified except for eqhost.txt, is the supported client. As you might expect, custom changes to the source code or client files are unsupported.

If you search, you will find an official statement from a (admittely now inactive) dev that states "Minilogin is unsupported, as is LAN play." In practice, development has done a very good job at making minilogin usable with few or no issues. But for optimum supportability, until you hear an official statement otherwise, you should consider connecting your server to the public Login server unless you are just totally isolated from the Internet and have no other choice but to use Minilogin.

Mysql 4 is what they recommend going with. There is a mysql 5 undergoing beta, but until it becomes supported by mysql devs, don't expect it to be supported here.

You are responsible for populating your world with appropriate items and npc's. EQEmu provides you the skeleton database, but it's not within the scope of the project to populate it with mobs, items, factions and all the other things that make Norrath go around. Related projects like ProjectEQ and Cavedude's installer pack strive to provide data that resembles EQLive.

Anything I missed?
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:25 PM
XiNoID
Sarnak

I meant other =) - Some game functions such as classes\mobs\items and etc =)
And which DB is better? PEQ or CaveDude's?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:40 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

No mobs or items are supported by eqemu, since world population is outside its scope.

PEQ database strives for accuracy at the expense of speed. It's only populated up to Luclin right now, but it's a very true depiction of what's in those zones.

Cavedude's database isn't as accurate but has many of the recent expansions populated.

You take your pick on whether quantity or quality is a priority to you.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.

Last edited by RangerDown; 05-07-2006 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-08-2006, 04:28 AM
PsIKoTiC
Fire Beetle

PEQ really gives you that eq feeling.. Especially because I can talk about old Rallos Zek politics with other players! I would reccomend if you want to choose a server that is already running, go with PEQ The grand creation.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:31 AM
XiNoID
Sarnak

I also heard that berserker class is unsupported is it true? are here other unsupportes classes?
Old 05-11-2006, 03:03 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

In that regard, we are simply trying to emulate Live. Berserkers aren't supported there either.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:25 AM
XiNoID
Sarnak

What????In off berserkers are not supported?How can it be possible?????
Old 05-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Because no devs make it for time. In future they come, but when ? dev need to hang-up some bugs before
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:46 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I was making a joke about the Berserker thing. They are a broken and unbalanced class on Live.

As far as Emu goes, they are still too new of a class to have all their unique skills and disciplines working. It may be some time before that happens here.