Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 PM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

Default The Path of Chaos

Well everyone, you've heard about it before and now it's back!

The Path of Chaos

This high quality server hosted by Boppoom will be using a story that I have been writing for a very long time now and have new custom server layouts that have never before been used (at least not to my knowledge).

Act 1:
Wrath of the Shard
-----
Long ago, wars erupted across the cotinents of Dimiourgia. Heknar had begun his attack upon the citizens and they cried in pain...

The shard shone upon his armies, it's wrath and chaos sweeping across them causing a tumult, all now disciples under his rule. But of course, the wise man would know that Heknar was simply a pawn in these battles.

The war begins...
-----
Old 12-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Nice
Welcome to path of chaos (put some tiny screen shoot plz of your work).
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:10 AM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

All in good time
Old 12-29-2005, 02:43 PM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

The Path of Chaos Server would like to proudly announce a new system of leveling that has been developed for the server. Are you tired of servers where you sit around all day killing monsters and that's the entire game? You hunt for items, you do some quests, but pretty much the entire game is killing monsters?

New Features:
Cinematics
Advanced Quests
Advanced AI
New Leveling System

I would like to present to the rest of EQEmulator this leveling system that we are now so proud of.

When I was looking through the exp tables, I had always been wondering of a way to imply and force a storyline on to a server, one that the players would weave their own paths through; dynamic, yet strict at once. I realized that quest::exp would do this for us. As players advance through the story, they get levels. We can have optional quests and main quests. If they want to go for rare items and so on, they can hunt and do raids, but they will not get *any* exp for doing this. The only way to advance is to go on. With the advanced AI and Questing System, this will allow for a much more fun gaming experience.

I invite you all to try this out on your own servers, to write your own stories, and to leave hunting NPC's behind. I implore you to try this. Make Global Variables to allow quests to be done only once, use more advanced AI than you are used to. You can control exactly how hard it is to get to the max level, and how many people can do it. You can control which paths lead to the highest levels possible and which do not. A political figure might not be as high a level as a full-born adventurer and warrior.

This is our solution, our way to get players away from hunting all day every day to get new levels and spells and access to new places so that they can hunt and get exp in new surroundings. EverQuest has repeated itself, and so have the servers. This is new, and understand that with every server, it can be garunteed that there will be a new experience, for every server will have a different storyline, a different way to get levels, and so forth.

Let's think outside of the box, let's try out some new shoes. Let's leave the tradition that FF7 as well as so many of the other first MMORPG's left for us. Let's create a new type of MMORPG.

Leveling via Advancement in Storyline vrs Leveling via Advancement in Killing NPC's.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Quote:
this will allow for a much more fun gaming experience.
Sounds like an interesting idea, but realize that people are here because they love EQ, and as you said, killing mobs is a big part of EQ.

Good luck though, I'm sure quite a few people will enjoy a change.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:15 AM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

Just to the team that's been working on this with me and all. I've tried emailing some of you guys, but that doesn't seem to be working. I'm hoping you'll get this...

I haven't been able to get on my computer for awhile and can only work from a school computer or public facility. I won't be able to probably for the next 6-8 months or more. I can still work on programming and so on, so I need those NPC lists, their race #, and the zone their in and such so I can start to work : P.

Been waiting and doing pretty much nothing; oh well...

Hope that I hear back from you guys really soon.

email:
mrasolomon@gmail.com

Tx
Old 01-26-2006, 04:49 PM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

Uh, still haven't gotten any replies back. I logged into MSN and all my contacts list are dead O_O.

This could be the ending to the short-lived Path of Chaos server : |. (lol...)

Seriously, I've been playing chess and sitting around the house...

Let's do this.

Hope to hear from you... I might be a rogue again looking for a server to work on. This is looking bad...
Old 01-27-2006, 02:28 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kerosh_
Uh, still haven't gotten any replies back. I logged into MSN and all my contacts list are dead O_O.

This could be the ending to the short-lived Path of Chaos server : |. (lol...)

Seriously, I've been playing chess and sitting around the house...

Let's do this.

Hope to hear from you... I might be a rogue again looking for a server to work on. This is looking bad...
Luke..im your Father..Join the dark side..... No seriously... we could use you <G>.

www.cheaterz.info

Last edited by sdabbs65; 01-27-2006 at 10:30 AM..
Old 01-27-2006, 04:49 AM
_Kerosh_
Sarnak

Well, from what I heard, Bop and Kate left, so I am sort of a rogue I guess looking for a server. I would really love to build The Path of Chaos server since I've been writing the storyline for so long and setting it up for so long, but I doubt that's going to happen :\.

Send me a msg for information regarding The Path of Chaos server if you would be interested in hosting it and working on it with me : P. Otherwise, just send me emails at mrasolomon@gmail.com if you have any questions or are interested in having me join your server.

Just know that I've been banned from servers because of my "different" ideas, and you have already seen some of them. I do different kinds of NPC killing as well, where you kill mass amounts of NPC's (fast killing), instead of 1 NPC at a time. This means there are more spawns at one time. I also do advanced NPC placement for higher level zones where there are small spaces in between NPC spawn points where groups can sit. This will allow them to go thru the zone, but they need to know the zone well because of agro and so on.

That's just some of the stuff I do. When I joined a server, I increased Sol Ro spawns from maybe 100 to 650 and I was working on a Gauntlet. That's one of the main reasons I got banned from that server, even tho it became the most popular zone in game from lvl 40-60 (Groups of 60's we're taking out entire rooms and killing about 60-70 NPC's at a time, and 40's were soloing 1-2 NPC's at a time, but it was difficult for them. Suggested level about 45-50. Gauntlet: 65.) Note: when I increase the spawn like this, they give way less xp than norm. With the new thing on TPOC, I would have wanted to make them give 0 or very very little xp.

Yea, so you see that I do things very differently from most servers.
Well, just email me if you are interested : P. If you want to work on The Path of Chaos, email me that too, because that's me Dream Server .

Also, I only work on Custom-Legit servers. No semi-legit, non-legit, etc. Custom-Legit only.