Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:43 PM
oslander
Sarnak

Default Why are certain race models restricted to certain zones?

I've never got this about sony's coding when it comes to races and restrictions to zones. I think it's honestly extremely stupid and was pointless to add that to their code at all. Why limit any of the textures/models to a zone when the entire point of creating a world is variety? Can somebody please explain this to me? Am I missing something here?

So, is there anyway to override this so 100% of the race models can show up in any zone? Sorry for my frustrations but this is extremely aggravating when i want to add a cool looking npc to a zone like Halas. I really hope there is a fix to this.

Can anybody help?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

I'm sure a developer could more accurately answer why the client was designed this way so I won't touch it.

But the solution to your answer is in this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ght=globalload

Make sure you read the entire thread though as some of the models can corrupt zones and/or other models. These are mentioned in the thread.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

You know whats even worse? Look outside, I don't see ANY pixelation when I look at trees so why would Sony go to such extremes to make their game look SO crappy?

Stupid corporations building games for the mass market and not those of us with 3,000 cell super computers!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
You know whats even worse? Look outside, I don't see ANY pixelation when I look at trees so why would Sony go to such extremes to make their game look SO crappy?

Stupid corporations building games for the mass market and not those of us with 3,000 cell super computers!
Non-sarcastic explanation:

They do it to improve performance. Limiting the number of models that are loaded globally reduces the time it takes to get logged into character select. It also reduces the amount of memory that is used, which is particularly good for people with slower computers or who box multiple accounts at once.

They don't design EQ for EQEmu lol. They have specific models in mind when they create a zone, so they only set them to load the ones they want it to have. Yeah, it would be awesome if there was an easier way around it, but that isn't the case.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
oslander
Sarnak

I figured it out and it was easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the rant.