Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:02 PM
tajjej
Fire Beetle

Default Having trouble creating a guild

I have set up a server using the latest revisions I could find (EQEmu: 1771 w/bots, peqquests: 1751, peqdatabase: 1751).

In game, I am unable to create a guild. I hit Alt-G and the window shows I am not in a guild. It never asks if I want to create one.

I tried to create a guild in the database and put my character in it. In game, my character has <Unknown Guild> over it's head.

I know I am missing something, somewhere, but I don't know what. ANY suggestions, hints or help would be greatly appreciated.

It has been a long time since I've played EQ, maybe I just forgot something. But when you can muck with the database itself, it should be doable.

Thanks in advance,
tajjej
Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM
tajjej
Fire Beetle

Could anyone post their database entries for the "guilds", "guild_members" and "guild_ranks" tables for comparison, please? I am close. I now show my guild, but my name and rank don't show up yet.

I can enter the Guild Lobby and Guild Hall in PoK, so I know I am on the right track. ANY hint, suggestions or posted table data would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
tajjej
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
joligario
Developer

Have you tried the #commands to create a guild yet?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Yujiro93
Sarnak

When you say you can't create guild in game you mean like a live player with /commands ?

As Joligario is saying, the command is #command ("#guild create help" if i remember).

Trying to create a guild directly from database is not a good way.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:24 AM
tajjej
Fire Beetle

I wiped the various guild tables in the db of any info I had entered trying to setup a guild. Since there are no other guilds yet, those tables were emptied.

I did the "#guild create" command and the "guild approved" (whatever it's called) command.

I am in the Guild, I am the "Leader" and I can set the MOTD using the "#" or "/" command (whichever it is).

I can not set my public or private messages in-game. I can not get the guild Bankers or the Tribute Master in the Guild Hall to respond to me. I tried to set myself as the banker and enable guild tribute in the db, but no change.

I set another character of mine as a "Member" of my guild, but they are not listed. Perhaps because only online characters show up?

I setup my bots as guild members, in their db table, following the example of how I was setup. I set them as "Members". They do not show up, even when they are spawned.

I know I am close to having this cracked. That is why I was hoping to see the info from those db tables. I figure that something I think needs to be a "1" to activate may need to be some other value.

Any hints, tips, data, suggestions or guesses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help,
tajjej
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Yujiro93
Sarnak

Did you try "/guildinvite botname" to invite your bots? You need to restart the server to have the name of the guild under the bot name.

You should look for DB changes only if you are sure you did the right in game commands with no success.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:34 AM
tajjej
Fire Beetle

I appreciate that information. It has been so long since I played EQ Live, I did not remember that command. I just recovered from a fussy XP system, so now I can log in and try what you suggested.

Thank you very much,
tajjej
Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 AM
tajjej
Fire Beetle

Found this link: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...23guild+create

After clearing the guild and botguild tables, I implemented this db update. Then re-started the servers.

I then re-created my guild (in-game), invited my bots and -- WHAM! -- everything is fine now. And when I zoned, my boys showed the guild over their heads.

I can see everyone in the guild (myself and the bots). I made myself the Banker, set the MOTD and my public notice from the in-game guild page.

I went to the guild Hall and all bankers will do business with me. The Tribute Master still won't, but I guess I just need to find how to Opt In the guild.

Thanks everyone for all the help!
tajej
Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Yujiro93
Sarnak

May your guild have a great future !
Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 PM
tajjej
Fire Beetle

I am still having trouble.

The Tribute Master in the Guild Hall will not respond. I can not Opt In or Out. When I right-click the Tribute Master, nothing happens. Personal Tribute works fine.

Has anyone had this problem?

Again, if someone would just post a sample of table data, I would be very appreciative. I have been working with databases for over 20 years, I am very comfortable reading/editing these values.

The tables I need are "guilds", "guild_members", "guild_ranks" and "botguildmembers".

I know I am close to having this thing cracked. Then I can get on to implementing the chat and mail server.

Again, thank you for your time and efforts,
tajjej
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
sorvani
Dragon

I had not noticed that anyone has ever worked on implementing Guild tribute into the main SVN trunks. Personal tribute was just ironed out on PEQ 6 months ago or so, but the person who worked on a lot of the final parts of that has been MIA for about 3 months.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 PM
tajjej
Fire Beetle

Aww... That explains a LOT!

Thank you for that information. I will watch the threads in hope that Guild Tribute will someday work. I would give it a go myself, but I am up to my neck learning LUA, XNA 2D & 3D and AutoCAD Architecure right now.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me get things going.
tajjej

Now, to figure out the Chat/Mail server. I have tried setting it up using a few threads I found, but it does not work yet. Oh, well. I'll keep reading. Then ask for help here, if need be.