Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Grundy
Sarnak

Default A couple questions regarding the Items table

Can someone explain to me the difference between the columns "casttime" and "casttime_" and also the difference between "clicklevel" and "clicklevel2"

and also, do charms work in eqemu? i noticed the "charmfile" and "charmfileid" and im not sure what you can put in there for a charm...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:19 PM
trevius
Developer

Don't use the charmfile field. They aren't working as far as I know. Charms do work, but I don't know if they can scale like they did on live, though maybe they can, and maybe that is what the charmfile field is for. Someone with more knowledge than I would have to elaborate on that lol.

But you can make normal charms with set stats and they work fine.

As for castime and castime_, you just want to set both of them the same. One of them sets what time is displayed on the item in game for how long it takes to cast, and the other field is how long you actually want the cast time to be. Unless you are doing something special, there is no reason to have those fields set differently. They both should match.

Clicklevel and Clicklevel2 are min level for the click to be used. Their aren't really any differences in them. I think they are just there because there is a worn and focus level version 1 and 2 for min level for the effect to be used and max level for it to be scaled to it's max power if the spell effect has a range. Like a focus effect for healing that maybe adds 50% at level 50 might add 65% at level 60. But again, this doesn't apply to clickies as they either work or they don't.

You can find most answers in the wiki:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...uDBSchemaitems
Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Grundy
Sarnak

Yea, I have been using that wiki page but those couple of fields didn't really say what they're used for.

I just found another one that i don't get. There's an 'fvnodrop' and a 'nodrop' it says what 'nodrop' is but it does not say what 'fvnodrop' does. anyone know?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Grundy
Sarnak

Would have edited my last post, but there's no edit button...

How about the "booktype" column?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

This is a complete guess but I think the fvnodrop field is for servers running like the live Firiona Vie. On that server most items are droppable, excluding epics and a few others. So the nodrop field would not apply to the items but the fvnodrop would if it is set. Basically, it is a way to tell FV servers that an item should be no drop. If that makes any sense.