Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:55 PM
trevius
Developer

Default Storm Haven - Double Experience

In celebration of the completion of the new SoF/SoD leveling zones, Storm Haven Normal Experience Rates have been doubled! These doubled rates may stay in for at least a few weeks, or may even become permanent depending on the player reactions to it and feedback.

Kayen and I are in the process of adding many new things to Storm Haven including new 70 to 75+ zones (coming soonish) to help bridge any gaps that may exist in the progression and make the server more friendly to solo players and small groups without losing the raid aspect of Storm Haven. We have been hard at work to bring Storm Haven back up in line with the top of the EQEmu Custom Server populations.

We have a ton of Raid content for Titanium players, and leveling zones up to 70 for SoF/SoD players. There are many new zones in the works for level 70+ SoF/SoD players as well, to expand into new content even further. We are very dedicated and focus heavily on quality content that isn't necessarily just tank and spank.

I am currently playing through all of the new SoF/SoD zones on Storm Haven and tweaking them as needed while I go through them to make sure they are fun to play and don't feel much like a grind. I am about halfway through with leveling now. When I am done, I will be working closely with Kayen to make sure we get enough content done to keep any level of player busy and enjoying themselves.

If you are a new player considering what server to try out or if you are a veteran of Storm Haven, feel free to stop by and check out the new changes going on. Make sure to leave feedback for us if you think something needs to be adjusted or have any suggestions to make the experience better.

Visit our Website for more information on Storm Haven:
http://stormhavenserver.com/joomla/index.php

Here are some screenshots from the SoF/SoD leveling content:

Last edited by trevius; 08-23-2010 at 11:24 PM..
Old 08-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

If you haven't tried Storm Haven, or didn't try Storm Haven due to having to level another character... now would be a good time to try it out. Trevius & Kayen have been putting a lot of effort, and I may even check it out myself just to experience some of this content. About 6 months ago, Trevius had shown me some of the events on the new content, and it just simply blows me away.

Go check it out!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
trevius
Developer

Thanks for the kind words, Secrets! Yeah, a ton of new and cool content and features have been added since you last checked out what we had available.

After playing further into the SoF+ leveling content, I am currently set on keeping the doubled experience rate permanently. It isn't too fast, but it also isn't too slow. All quest drop rates in all of the leveling zones have been adjusted considerably to be much more in-line with the new doubled experience rates. I have also added multiple new tasks and quests throughout the SoF+ leveling zones for a few cool and unique items. I haven't found too many bugs along the way of playing through the content, but the ones I have found have been corrected, which is good

Another big change worth noting is that Kayen has recently been working to retune some of the higher end content like Dreadspire and Dranik to make a smoother progression for groups and raids from previous zones.

Between the changes Kayen and I have done for leveling and raid content, I think players will find Storm Haven more enjoyable and worth another look.

I will give another update here once we release some of the new SoF/SoD content that is currently in the works or being planned out. Thanks to all who have decided to stop in and check out the server!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Secrets! Yeah, a ton of new and cool content and features have been added since you last checked out what we had available.

After playing further into the SoF+ leveling content, I am currently set on keeping the doubled experience rate permanently. It isn't too fast, but it also isn't too slow. All quest drop rates in all of the leveling zones have been adjusted considerably to be much more in-line with the new doubled experience rates. I have also added multiple new tasks and quests throughout the SoF+ leveling zones for a few cool and unique items. I haven't found too many bugs along the way of playing through the content, but the ones I have found have been corrected, which is good

Another big change worth noting is that Kayen has recently been working to retune some of the higher end content like Dreadspire and Dranik to make a smoother progression for groups and raids from previous zones.

Between the changes Kayen and I have done for leveling and raid content, I think players will find Storm Haven more enjoyable and worth another look.

I will give another update here once we release some of the new SoF/SoD content that is currently in the works or being planned out. Thanks to all who have decided to stop in and check out the server!
That's some pretty sick NPC patrolling you haver there Trevius!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 PM
badplayer
Sarnak

Never played the server but your website is better than most pay to play games.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badplayer View Post
Never played the server but your website is better than most pay to play games.
To which are you talking to?