Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:53 AM
causticcoder
Fire Beetle

Default Just update - Error in LoadSpawnGroups

I just updated and this is popping up when zones load now.

Code:
[11.25. - 09:58:04] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting EQStreamFactoryWriterLoop with thread ID 928691968
[11.25. - 09:58:15] The next weather check for zone: bazaar will be in 60 seconds.
[11.25. - 09:58:15] [ZONE__SPAWNS] Error in LoadSpawnGroups SELECT DISTINCT spawnentry.spawngroupID, npcid, chance, npc_types.spawn_limit AS sl FROM spawnentry, spawn2, npc_types WHERE spawnentry.npcID=npc_types.id AND spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID AND zone = 'bazaar' 
[11.25. - 09:58:15] [ZONE__SPAWNS] Error in LoadSpawnGroups SELECT DISTINCT spawnentry.spawngroupID, npcid, chance, npc_types.spawn_limit AS sl FROM spawnentry, spawn2, npc_types WHERE spawnentry.npcID=npc_types.id AND spawnentry.spawngroupID = spawn2.spawngroupID AND zone = 'bazaar' 
[1
Also it seems that the bazaar crashed, because I could not run any merchants. The clients did not seem to disconnect, but suddenly the merchants could run again. I notice around 7 days ago that the opcodes in source had some changes to them.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:21 PM
provocating
Demi-God

To further elaborate, on our main server and test server I ran into something during my last update. MySQL starts using every bit of disk space. We ran out of room on both servers. When I freed up 10gb of space, within 5 minutes MySQL used every bit of it. When I reverted back to our source code last month, it all started working again.

I have not dug in to see what caused this, but letting you guys know. I know it seems to be the new binaries causing the issue. Nothing else was changed as far as our my.cnf file or linux server settings. It gets so bad you cannot restart the MySQL service.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:43 PM
provocating
Demi-God

The file ibdata1 in the MySQL grew to 20gb within just a few minutes. I was able to fix this by going back to my old binaries and dumping my database, zeroing the files on my test server. I did a snapshot of the VM before I tried it again, with the new binaries indeed I reproduced the problem. The peq database was still showing around 250mb, but the ibdata1 file grew until it ran the test server out of space. I am going back to the binaries for last month, but wanted to make everyone aware of the issue. I also noticed the same problem if you output your log to a file, my world log grew to 20mb with a few seconds. I am more concerned about what it is doing to MySQL though.

This is linux though, you Windows guys may not have this issue.