Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:57 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Default WoWemu server looking for players

I host both EQEmu and WOWemu from our deadicated server if anyone wants to play you can make a account here Account Manger. There are shared forums on the Main Site and other general stuff. There is a server admin support page if you need to contact a admin also.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:12 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

account creation and remote login has now been fully tested and is 100% working.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

allmost forgot client version you need is 2.4.2 then get the realmlist.wtf from the account creation page and replace it in the game folder. after you make a account then you can login as usual to the free server.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:46 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Dont anyone wana play some WoW? I like it alot it looks realy good and works very well and i havent seen a crash yet or a major bug there was a few minor ones but im sure they will be fixed with in a week.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:28 AM
trevius
Developer

I imagine that many people came to eqemu because they were sick of WoW hehe. Plus, advertising a WoWemu server on an EQEmu site is probably taken about as well as advertising EQEmu servers on the EQLive forums lol.

Not to say that there is anything wrong with mentioning it here. But, there are probably much better places to get players.

I have considered trying to run a WoWEmu server just to see what I can do with one. If it was anywhere near as fun as running an EQEmu server, I am sure I would enjoy it. I just don't have the time to do both, so I haven't bothered even attempting it yet. But, maybe someday lol.

Also, I heard something about WoWemu getting shut down due to legal issues. I thought I had heard that the server software was illegally stolen from Blizzard instead of being developed from scratch like EQEmu was. If that is the case, then running a WoWemu server is way to risky for me, lol. I wouldn't mind hearing the facts about it though.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:01 AM
LordRathgil
Banned

I dont know personally since this is the off topic forum and the description says feel free to talk about anything here there isnta nything wrong with it he runs both eqemu and wowemu so, I dunno. I know a few people that run both servers, and if it was gunna be posted anywhere. I think this is the place to do it since thats what this particular forum is for, non EQ or EQEmu related posts that is
Closed Thread