Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:04 AM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

Default new binaries

i downloaded and unzipped the newest win32 binaries for my server which has been working great using the old 7.0.0 binaries until now... i then took only the .exe (zones, world, eqlaunch) and the CONF files (patches) and overwrote the old 7.0.0 ones.... and now my world works fine still but eqlaunch just sits there blank and doesn't show anything.... until it goes to sleeping... my zones never load. (and yes ive made sure that it says "zone" and not "zones" and it matches the launcher which says "zone" and not "zones"... same with eqlaunch and eqlauncher... any ideas?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:52 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

i havent upgraded in a bit, but one thing to ALWAYS check is the changelog, because if the database schema changes (table mods, columns getting added/modified/deleted, etc.) the binary will generally give all sorts of headaches until your database is updated to the schema that the binary wants it to be.

changelog == your friend

== sfisque
Old 08-21-2007, 06:34 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Has eqlaunch ever worked? There is no "er" at the end of it so make sure that its not there. The zone/s thing is DB dependent. The best way to find out is look under the DB for the launcher table and see if it has a s or no s. Cant remember specifics, but thats where I found out about it for myself.

Also, that table needs to have information in it about how many zones to boot up, if its blank, launcher will just sit and twiddle its c++ thumbs.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

GeorgeS has a list of updates for the database posted;
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html
Old 08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
GeorgeS has a list of updates for the database posted;
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html
Yeah, i already tried that a few days ago, but the website still doesn't work for me. I found a post of GeorgeS saying his website doesn't work anymore... so i'm guessing it's not just me.

I PM'ed GeorgeS to ask if he still has a list of the updates but as of right now i can't seem to get a hold of the list.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

See if this might help you ( I think it's what I got from GeorgeS:
Code:
UPDATE ground_spawns SET max_x=max_y; 
UPDATE ground_spawns SET max_y=temp_x; 
ALTER TABLE ground_spawns DROP temp_x; 
ALTER TABLE object ADD temp_x float NOT NULL; 
UPDATE object SET temp_x=xpos; 
UPDATE object SET xpos=ypos; 
UPDATE object SET ypos=temp_x; 
ALTER TABLE object DROP temp_x; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD STR MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '75'; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD STA MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '75'; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD DEX MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '75'; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD AGI MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '75'; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD _INT MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '80'; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD WIS MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '75'; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD CHA MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '75'; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types DROP fixedz; 
ALTER TABLE npc_types ADD walkspeed float DEFAULT '0.67'AFTER d_meele_texture2; 
ALTER TABLE zone_points DROP keep_x; 
ALTER TABLE zone_points DROP keep_y;

CREATE TABLE skill_caps (
 skillID TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
 class TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
 level TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
 cap MEDIUMINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY(skillID,class,level)
);

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `hp_regen_rate` `hp_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `mana_regen_rate` `mana_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` DROP walkspeed;
ALTER TABLE `account` ADD `rulesflag` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

CREATE TABLE rule_sets (
  ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment,
  name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id)
);
INSERT INTO rule_sets VALUES(0, "default");
UPDATE rule_sets SET ruleset_id=0;
CREATE TABLE rule_values (
  ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  rule_name VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL,
  rule_value VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL,
  INDEX(ruleset_id),
  PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id,rule_name)
);
Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 AM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84 View Post
Has eqlaunch ever worked? There is no "er" at the end of it so make sure that its not there. The zone/s thing is DB dependent. The best way to find out is look under the DB for the launcher table and see if it has a s or no s. Cant remember specifics, but thats where I found out about it for myself.

Also, that table needs to have information in it about how many zones to boot up, if its blank, launcher will just sit and twiddle its c++ thumbs.
ya, that's what i was trying to explain in my original post... i know that it's "zone" and not "zones"... and my db table matches this as well... and same for eqlaunch... i know it's not "er".

My server has worked fine for months now. the database isn't blank or anything. It's just not working with the new binaries (zone.exe, world.exe, eqlaunch.exe, and all the CONF files).

And no i didn't write over my config.xml or anything... only copied and pasted the ones mentioned above.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

Ok, not sure what the problem was... i still don't understand it but i decided to try adding a static zone where my character was... and instead of crashing or saying the zone is unavailable... it loaded and 0:sleeping became 0:tutorial... which was still weird because originally it was 7000:sleeping when i first booted the server.... anyway... once my char got into the world in the static zone it became 7000:tutorial instead of 0:tutorial. Anyway, i was able to zone to the other dynamic zones and they picked it back up at 7001+... i guess it works now but how weird. Anyway, thankyou to everyone who helped me... i really appreciate it... finally updating my binaries fixed a looooot of problems i had going on before.