Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-19-2002, 08:48 AM
Rico
Fire Beetle

Default Lets start out nice(With a new Item DB)

I had no idea politics were getting so tight up in the HQ but either way,lets post some goodness

Well to hopefully brighten your morale heres a new item DB, nothing new but I fixed a bunch of incorrect texture/color/item slots in the DB I must of missed at 2:00 AM when a thick film was developing over my eyes. Grab it here

http://nerdyboys.com/rico/Itemsv1.2.1.zip

will be up within 5-10 minutes.
Old 01-19-2002, 10:23 AM
L-o-w
Fire Beetle

The link does not work, is this the correct file?

http://nerdyboys.com/rico/Items1.2.zip
Old 01-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Rico
Fire Beetle

err sorry it is the correct Link but I accidently re-uploaded my old DB. The new one is uploading now and will be up very soon. Sorry bout that
Old 01-19-2002, 10:40 AM
Rico
Fire Beetle

Default Just a reminder..

Well since the old board has been whiped I thought I should repost this:

I am always taking item requests, sometimes Sites don't have correct item info,or any item info on certain items. Or sometimes theres items I myself don't know about ( Which I doubt! ) and you might want to see added. If you want anything added send me a Private message(using the message option under one of my posts) with the name of the item

*optional* if you could include the Stats(Weight,Attack Delay,Stat Modifiers), The races who can use, what it looks like or an item that looks like it and you can save me ALOT of time.

-Thanks in Advance
Old 01-19-2002, 03:41 PM
T7g
Fire Beetle

Requests? Could you do Akkirus armor? Some of the posted Tunare drops along with Yelinak/Tormax/NToV drops? Theres a great resource of every ntov drop ingame. Would be nice to see the Vulak items in the emu. Go here for all the Northwing Temple of Veeshan drops: http://www.guildparadigm.org/nwing/nwingleftframe.htm

Would be very nice to see those in. Also, the Velious quest armors/epics might be a good thing to focus on adding =)
Old 01-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Rico
Fire Beetle

Default Most of those in :)

I have Akkirus and most of the ToV Armor(minus INT casters) in. I will definatley be working on Sleeper/ToV weapons and items as they become ever more popular
Old 01-20-2002, 06:39 AM
L-o-w
Fire Beetle

Could you add the missing parts to the elder spiritsts druid armor plz?
Old 01-20-2002, 08:39 AM
Rico
Fire Beetle

Ahh yes I missed the ES and the Jaundice in my Kunark Armor period,guess I will have to do those
Old 01-20-2002, 08:53 AM
Drawde
Dragon

Would you be able to get your item data included in the standard database when it's finished?
The current standard DB is missing quite a few items including many epic weapons and high-level armour pieces.
Old 01-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Rico
Fire Beetle

Default Worth a try.

Well, thats up to the Admins and up to you people. I can make my DB available once a week with about 100-150 new items, or I can try to get the items in there Every other Release with about 1,000-1,500 items.The Downside I see to this , is the huge increase of size in the DB,i'll try to make it so my downloads are only inserting the NEWEST items and not waisting 20 minutes of your time inserting the old ones
Old 01-20-2002, 09:55 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Hoesntly, i dont want items that werent entered by packetcap on my server. The unknowns wont be right.

But definately can put this in the download section as an add-on pack. =p
Old 01-20-2002, 10:23 AM
Rico
Fire Beetle

Default Sounds good to me.

I wouldn't mind that at all.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:08 AM
madborg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Hoesntly, i dont want items that werent entered by packetcap on my server. The unknowns wont be right.
What is packetcap?
Old 01-20-2002, 11:14 AM
Gino
Sarnak

Tiny proggy that runs in the background of a real EQ session, that logs every item that is in inventory, bank account or tradewindow.

Ashran and Magelo (sp) used such tools, but with the recent client they dont work anymore.

After the session you could see what items the tool collected and send it to an online DB.

Would be nice to build up the item DB that way.
(Any chance to get such a tool working again ?)

No offence but handbuild DB is not the way to go imho.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:52 PM
madborg
Banned

why can't the server do it?

Ok, I understand that at some point the items are new-- don't exist in the database. The same is true when I spawn a mob -- it doesn't exist in the database either.

But with a couple of simple hooks, couldn't this work?

#script <filename>

and in the script you would have

#spawn .....

#createitem .... or #additem

Of course its possible that I could try to create something that is "bad" but the spawn and createitem routines can deal with that.

Even if later a fancier scripting mechanism went in place, the underlying mechanism would stay the same. Actually I would keep everything in some other format and then run a program to convert to #spawn or #createitem.

Interactively it would work the same way, if you use the #createitem command, then it is persistent. Of course some editing hooks would be good to so that properties could be changed.

Am I talking about the same thing or did i miss the point?