Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 11-19-2004, 03:03 AM
1Boppoom1
Banned

Default Guards

is there a code that has the guards run around and kill animals like they do in EQLive? I would truly appreciate it cause yeah we have a lan server with a bunch of kids dieing and im trying to resolve....is there any kind of quest code that will do it?
Old 11-19-2004, 05:03 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

You could try increasing their aggro radius, but I was pretty sure that guards were fixed. Weren't they?

I was just in qeynos the other day, and had fippy darkpaw follow me into the city and he got mobbed by guards. Perhaps there are areas where the guards don't work still.
Old 11-19-2004, 05:29 AM
Dvinn
Fire Beetle

I'm running running the Perl-enabled 11-16-04 CVS compile from this thread with the PEQ Kunark database and I can confirm that yesterday while in qeynos2 I watched Fippy Darkpaw run right through the gates of the city and the guards did NOT react. Fippy ran into town, did whatever it is he does in there, then left unmolested.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Make guards KOS to the animals in the field?

Guards dont actually wander around in EQlive. In qeynos they stand by the gates, and attack mobs that get close. Alas using agro.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:10 PM
1Boppoom1
Banned

im using latest cvs but i cant seem to get them to kill like in Misty Thicket and also none of my Dark Elfs or Isakrs are KoS anywhere they just runt hrough and nothing happens i will re DL the files and try againt hough
Old 11-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Dvinn
Fire Beetle

For player characters, doesn't a high account status prevent NPC aggro? That could be your problem there. Don't forget, too, that without the .map files, NPCs won't aggro properly on default compiles.

That having been said, there's definately something wrong with guards at the moment. I downgraded to the 11-11 Perl CVS build that's linked to here on these boards, and they aren't working in that build either.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:36 PM
1Boppoom1
Banned

what if i were to set their agro status to 3 or 4 what would happen? just a question lol
Old 11-21-2004, 04:25 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

No clue, I dont do DB work.

But somehow, make them KOS to feild animals and not players, and there you go.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:16 AM
1Boppoom1
Banned

ok i DLed that cvs and the guards dont even attack ont hat one either....... im not quite sure lol it just may be mny luck
Old 11-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Xorith
Sarnak

In the db, we all had to make a change and put in an npc_agro field.

Maybe this has to be set to 1?

-- Xorith
Old 02-05-2005, 09:34 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

npc_aggro must be set to 1 for any npc that will aggro another npc. Their factions must also be set to hate each other. There's a full tutorial somewhere around here on factions.

You must have the .map files installed. Without it, no npc has line of sight to anything else and there will be no proximity aggro.

While the PEQ database strives to be accurate, the factions may not be 100% accurate regarding guards and the newbie field creatures. If you find a case of guards still not attacking creatures, you'll have to get your hands dirty and make some faction entries on your own.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:57 AM
phasepuma
Sarnak

I have all the maps and Npc_Aggro set to 1. I'm going to have to get my hands dirty it appears.
The great thing, new things to learn =)
Old 02-19-2005, 05:53 AM
phasepuma
Sarnak

little update, still no luck. Guess I'm going to have to wait until a fully 'detailed' guide comes out /w screenshots.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Skylark13
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
You must have the .map files installed. Without it, no npc has line of sight to anything else and there will be no proximity aggro.
And the .map files have to be in a subdirectory "maps" in the EQEmu directory, right?

Is there some way to download a zip with all the .map files? On the Sourceforge project page, I'd have to download them all separately (I'll do that if necessary, but if there's a quicker way it'd be nice). I also checked the EQEmulator Sorceforge CVS repository, and they're not in it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
While the PEQ database strives to be accurate, the factions may not be 100% accurate regarding guards and the newbie field creatures. If you find a case of guards still not attacking creatures, you'll have to get your hands dirty and make some faction entries on your own.
One thing I noticed is that there are some entries related to KOS, KOS_animals and Newbie_mobs_KOS_to_guards, but in particular the guards in Greater Faydark have no entries in the npc_faction_entries table. So no mobs will be KOS to them, if I understand this correctly. I'll report this to PEQ...

I tried fixing it, by adding the following :

Code:
npc_faction_id   faction_id   value   npc_value
1998             366          0       -1
1998             367          0       -1
1998             394          0       -1
2125             366          0       -1
2125             367          0       -1
2125             394          0       -1
Knowing the following :
KOS -> faction id 366
KOS_animals -> faction id 367
Newbie_mobs_KOS_to_guards -> faction id 394
Guard Fireblight in gfay -> npc_faction id 1998
Guard Rainstrider in gfay -> npc_faction id 2125
And for example, in Greater Faydark, a_sylvan_bat is in faction 394 and a_decaying_skeleton is in faction 366.

And I put the gfaydark.map file in a "maps" subdirectory in my EQEmu directory and restarted the whole EQEmu server.

But those two guards still did not help me when I trained a sylvan bat or a decaying skeleton to them.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by Skylark13; 03-01-2005 at 02:10 AM..
Old 03-01-2005, 07:32 AM
phasepuma
Sarnak

There is a link on the boards for all the map files somewhere. Once downloaded, they all go into the c:\eqemu\maps\ folder.

anyone correct me if i'm wrong.