Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Oxalic
Sarnak

Default A good customized server?

I'm looking around these boards, i see tons of posts about how someone's server is custom, custom zones, skills, items, npcs, quest. The whole deal. Then i attempt to play the server, i first try a website link, it's to a free site that has been shut down, or a forum lacking inactivity with a post saying "not enough time for the project, come back in a couple of years".

My question, is there a single, working, completed custom server that is playable to the public? If so could i get a link to information about the server?
Old 06-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Eredhel
Fire Beetle

Winters Roar, www.wintersroar.com, and Scorpius2k are what you want. WR just hit 300+ players.

Eredhel

Last edited by Eredhel; 06-04-2005 at 06:42 AM..
Old 06-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Scorpious2k
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:44 AM
Wolfgame
Fire Beetle

Yea, any of those servers would be good, of course im kind of biased I suppose. Im working on the Dark Blades server and were makeing alot of progress there, id recommend you give it a try sometime.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:18 AM
Oscar
Fire Beetle

Winters Roar just hit 350 and now has two servers to support it. They had 250 logged on and the Admin stated only 10% of the total power was being utilized.

The server is a completely legit server with only the zones themselves being the same. All items, creatuers, quests, etc have been changed. Also, no PoP travel, more like the old days. There are a few translocators for those very long runs.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:25 AM
Oxalic
Sarnak

No PvP on either one QQ T_T :'(