Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiar View Post
:edit: P.s. I tried a group of of non melee classes (1 druid, 1 cleric, 1 enchanter, NO pets) and i never hd it crash once. This only seems to hapen when i have had a melee class in the group.
What version of EQEmulator and EQBots (aka EQOffline) are you using?

I am using the 1102 version from Congdar along with the 1102 emu and this doesn't happen to me. I am using 3 casters and 2 melee's.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPD0715 View Post
I have discovered a HUGE exploit with bots....not sure if I should mention on here or not due to people's servers with bots will be exploited bad...any suggestions? I am sure I am not the only one that has discovered it but.....
Send a Private message to Congdar, as he seems to be the one who's doing the most work on it.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Congdar
Developer

I'm working on updates and fixes for bots. You can pm me with any exploits you want fixed (and even ones you don't )

I will have a new release soon. Fixes currently in but not fully tested:

Bot starting stats and size has been revamped
Fixed a crash when creating non-alpahnumeric names
Fixed a crash when casting teleports
Fixed a bot aggro issue
Many changes to groups and raids around bot deaths
Fixed a trading issue with bots that allowed a 2h weapon and a secondary weapon at the same time.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:02 PM
RCPD0715
Sarnak

I have sent Congdar a PM concerning this issue...
Old 04-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Ashiar
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramid View Post
What version of EQEmulator and EQBots (aka EQOffline) are you using?

I am using the 1102 version from Congdar along with the 1102 emu and this doesn't happen to me. I am using 3 casters and 2 melee's.
Thanks for responding Aramid. I have since got it all working properly after a reformat and reinstalled everything just how it was before, this time though it just works.

I must have missed something somewhere, im quite puzzled by this.

GeargeS I tried out a few of your programs, the quest editor and NPC/Loot editor - they are really good. I was wondering though when creating a BOT with the NPC/Loot editor it assigns the first available ID wich is a 4 digit number like 1005, where as creating a bot in game would assign a 7 digit number like 2700012. Could this cause any problems at all with the way the BOT code works?

Thank you for all your effort guys this is really good stuff.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashiar View Post
GeargeS I tried out a few of your programs, the quest editor and NPC/Loot editor - they are really good. I was wondering though when creating a BOT with the NPC/Loot editor it assigns the first available ID wich is a 4 digit number like 1005, where as creating a bot in game would assign a 7 digit number like 2700012. Could this cause any problems at all with the way the BOT code works?
Assigning the first available ID as opposed to the highest ID will cause trouble with the PEQ db, as we may use those IDs one day which would obviously conflict. IDs past 999,999 will never be used by us, and any currently past that point I plan on moving down to our "reserved" range.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Congdar
Developer

I don't think the bot code cares what the npcid is, but there is a protocol for npc id's. The first few numbers should be the zone the npc is supposed to spawn in. Cavedude as said he is fine with the bots using the 27000000+
Old 04-04-2008, 07:45 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

With the next CVS dump, the max NPCID from PEQ will be 999138. I set the auto increment for npc_types to 999999, so on a fresh db without bots, the first bot will take ID 1000000. If you already have bots, I recommend re-ordering your IDs so they start at 1 million. Then, set your auto-increment to the ID of the last bot like this:

Code:
ALTER TABLE npc_types AUTO_INCREMENT = id;
Keep in mind that 1 million will never be used by PEQ, unless Sony uses zones with zoneids in the 1,000s and since the current batch of zones are in the 400s, I don't see that happening. We have more than enough IDs to use inbetween, as we allocate ourselves 1,000 IDs per zone.

Last edited by cavedude; 04-05-2008 at 03:47 AM..
Old 04-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Jest
Fire Beetle

I was wondering, if using the EQofflince binaries broke #peqzone ?
I am getting a command unrecognized error now. Command is still listed in the DB.

Also, thank you Magoth78
Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

#peqzone is NOT in the stock EQEmu builds. I only keep it on Grand Creation because one day I plan to use it as a reward of some sort. You can find an older version of the code on the wiki, though I should update it to use the new zoning format Wildcard created.

Last edited by cavedude; 04-05-2008 at 06:14 AM..
Old 04-05-2008, 08:25 AM
KateSilverleaf
Fire Beetle

Good to see there is so much work going on, I do have a few questions though for Congdar.

1) Am I the only one who can't access the files, it's still prompts me for a user/pass when I try to download them.

2) Do you plan on merging the changes in to bring the version up to 1103 before you release your next bug fixes?
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSilverleaf View Post
Good to see there is so much work going on, I do have a few questions though for Congdar.

1) Am I the only one who can't access the files, it's still prompts me for a user/pass when I try to download them.

2) Do you plan on merging the changes in to bring the version up to 1103 before you release your next bug fixes?
I'm working on a new release that will include 1103(or whatever the latest is when I get these fixes in). When it's done(no eta), there will no longer be a password required to download them.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Topgun1969
Sarnak

Default 1102 plz?

By chance could someone repost a link to the 1102 binaries for the bots please. Had to do some massive work to my database and accidently lost the binaries. Any help would greatly be appreciated. *peace everyone*
Old 04-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Rorthic
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun1969 View Post
By chance could someone repost a link to the 1102 binaries for the bots please. Had to do some massive work to my database and accidently lost the binaries. Any help would greatly be appreciated. *peace everyone*
I think this is what your looking for.

http://eqoffline.free.fr/
Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorthic View Post
I think this is what your looking for.

http://eqoffline.free.fr/
No, that is not the 1102 Binaries.. If it's OK with Congdar, I'll host em up until he releases the next release.